This feature presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the North American real estate industry, including U.S. REITs and REOCs, homebuilders and gaming operators.
* Angel Manuel Bernal Robles, CFO of Fibra Terrafina, is leaving the company to pursue personal interests, effective at the end of January. Enrique Lavin, head of portfolio management and capital markets at Terrafina's external adviser, PGIM Real Estate, will serve as Terrafina's CFO on an interim basis.
* Daniel Hansen, president and CEO of Summit Hotel Properties Inc., assumed the additional role of board chairman, succeeding Thomas Storey. The company also named Jeffrey Jones lead independent director, replacing Bjorn Hanson. Storey and Hanson will both continue to serve as directors.
* Kilroy Realty Corp. Chairman, President and CEO John Kilroy Jr. joined MGM Resorts International's board, expanding the board to 12 members.
* Robert Smith, formerly a portfolio manager at T. Rowe Price, joined MGM Growth Properties' board as an independent director.
* Heather Brunner and Renu Khator joined Camden Property Trust's board as independent trust managers, effective Jan. 13. Lewis Levey and F. Gardner Parker will retire from the board, effective at the company's 2017 annual shareholder meeting slated for May.
* American Realty Capital Hospitality Trust Inc. agreed to expand its board to seven members from four, following an investment commitment from a Brookfield Strategic Real Estate Partners II affiliate. ARC Hospitality will add President and CEO Jonathan Mehlman; two new independent directors nominated by the existing board and approved by Brookfield; and Brookfield appointees Bruce Wiles, who will act as board chairman, and Lowell Baron to its board. William Kahane, and likely Robert Burns, will resign from the board.
* Host Hotels & Resorts Inc. Executive Vice President for Asset Management Minaz Abji will retire, effective April 30. Abji will, however, remain a senior adviser to the company through Oct. 30.
Separately, the company said it promoted Nathan Tyrrell to executive vice president of investments from managing director of investments for the East and South. The company also promoted Bret McLeod to senior vice president of corporate strategy and investor relations from vice president and assistant treasurer. Sourav Ghosh, senior vice president of global business intelligence, became the head of the company's newly created enterprise analytics group.
* Brian Quinn, who most recently was chief franchise officer at Red Lion Hotels Corp., joined Choice Hotels International Inc. as vice president of franchise development.