trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/S9t-RGpzt1s_11groqKq6Q2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us
In This List

Monday Express: 3 insurance companies sue PG&E; ex-Goldman banker denied bail

Banking Essentials Newsletter - November Edition

Online Brokerage Space Should Remain Rich Source Of M&A

University Essentials | COVID-19 Economic Outlook in Banking: Rates and Long-Term Expectations: Q&A with the Experts

Estimating Credit Losses Under COVID-19 and the Post-Crisis Recovery


Monday Express: 3 insurance companies sue PG&E; ex-Goldman banker denied bail

* Insurance companies Allstate, State Farm and USAA are suing Pacific Gas and Electric over the billions of dollars in claims they expect to face following the deadly Camp Fire, The Sacramento Bee reported.

* Illinois-based insurance broker Arthur J. Gallagher is buying U.K.-based Stackhouse Poland Group.

* In Cincinnati, Madison Wealth Management acquired Greystone Investment Management, effective Jan. 2, Citywire USA reports.

* Cross Plains, Wis.-based S.B.C.P. Bancorp is acquiring in-state peer Union Bancorp of Evansville in a cash-and-stock deal.

* Massachusetts-based Brookline Bank, which already held an 84.07% interest in Eastern Funding, bought the remaining 15.93% interest in the leasing and financing company.

* U.S. banks will finally roll out contactless cards at scale in 2019 as the country tries to catch-up with the U.K., Canada and Australia, which have already adopted the tap-and-go payments technology, the Financial Times reports.

* A Malaysian court did not allow former Goldman Sachs banker Roger Ng to post bail pending his extradition to the U.S. in connection with the 1Malaysia Development fraud and embezzlement scandal, Reuters reports.

* New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo picked Linda Lacewell to be superintendent of the New York State Department of Financial Services.

The Daily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external links may require a subscription. Links are current as of publication time, and we are not responsible if those links are unavailable later.