S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the Asia-Pacific real estate industry. The moves are listed by sector and by announcement date in reverse chronological order. The Europe and North America Hires and Fires columns will be published Wednesday and Thursday.
* Swire Pacific Ltd. named Michelle Mei Shuen Low as executive director, with a July 1 effective date. Low is also serving as a director at John Swire & Sons (H.K.) Ltd. and Swire Properties Ltd.
Meanwhile, Martin Cubbon is retiring as executive director, effective Oct. 1.
* Link Real Estate Investment Trust's manager named Peter Pak Wing Tse as chairman of the audit and risk management committee, effective June 8, replacing William Chak Cheung Chan, who stepped down on the same date. Chan remains as a member of the committee.
* Manulife US REIT's manager appointed Kian Koon Choo as independent nonexecutive director, effective June 9. The appointee also joined the audit and risk committee as a member.
* After 11 years in the role, Ser Miang Ng stepped down as independent director of Yanlord Land Group Ltd. June 6 due to personal reasons. Ng also relinquished his duties as chairman and member of the nominating and risk management committees, respectively.
* MORI TRUST Sogo Reit Inc.'s asset manager is appointing Yasutsugu Sakai as director and executive vice president and Toshiyuki Fujii as part-time corporate auditor.
In addition, Nobuyuki Koya and Shin Takahashi are stepping down as part-time director and corporate auditor, respectively. All changes are taking place at the company's June 23 shareholders' meeting.
* Due to allocation of duty, Weibin Yang will step down as nonexecutive director of Beijing Capital Land Ltd. at the company's scheduled extraordinary general meeting.
Party committee secretary Xiaobin Li, on the other hand, will stand for election at the same meeting to take on the role of executive director.
* Hing Lun Tsang, Sino-Ocean Group Holding Ltd.'s independent nonexecutive director and chairman of the audit committee, died June 4. Tsang was also a member of the investment committee.