S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent executive management, board and regulatory changes in the energy industry. The moves are listed by sector in reverse chronological order.
* Elizabeth Moore, senior vice president and general counsel of Consolidated Edison Inc. and Consolidated Edison Co. of New York Inc., retired from the companies on Dec. 31, 2019, according to a Jan. 2 SEC filing.
* Hydro One Ltd. named Susan Wolburgh Jenah as a board director, effective Jan. 1. Jenah replaces Tom Woods, who stepped down July 31, 2019, according to a news release. She has held various leadership roles in the securities and financial services industry for more than 30 years.
Oil and gas utility/midstream
* EQT Corp.'s board of directors named David Khani CFO, effective Jan. 3. Interim CFO Kyle Derham will continue serving the corporation in an executive advisory role to help facilitate the transition before returning to his role as a partner of Rice Investment Group, according to a Jan. 3 news release. In addition, EQT disbanded its evolution committee after the company executed its 100-day reorganization plan, created when shareholders voted to elect new leadership at EQT. Derek Rice transitioned out of his role as an evolution committee member.
* Dan Duncan LLC, the only member of Enterprise Products Partners LP general partner Enterprise Products Holdings LLC, named a new slate of directors for the board of Enterprise Products Holdings, effective Jan. 1. The new board of directors includes existing members, namely Richard Bachmann, Carin Barth, Murray Brasseux, W. Randall Fowler, James Hackett, William Montgomery, John Rutherford, Richard Snell, A. James Teague, Harry Weitzel and Randa Duncan Williams, according to a Jan. 2 SEC filing. Charles McMahen was not reelected to the general partner's board. Williams and Bachmann will continue to serve as the board's non-executive chairman and vice-chairman, respectively. Larry Casey, Ralph Cunningham and Edwin Smith will remain to be advisory directors, while O.S. Andras will continue as an honorary director.
* Subsea 7 SA named John Evans CEO and appointed three new executive vice presidents, effective Jan. 1. Evans is succeeding Jean Cahuzac, who retired from the CEO position at the end of 2019 and will remain as a nonexecutive director of Subsea 7's board, according to a Jan. 2 news release. The company also added to its management team Olivier Blaringhem as executive vice president for SURF and conventional, Steph McNeill as executive vice president for renewables and Phil Simons as executive vice president for projects and operations.
* Gulfport Energy Corp. appointed Alvin Bledsoe to its board of directors, effective Jan. 1. Bledsoe is currently serving as a director and audit committee chair of both SunCoke Energy Inc. and Crestwood Equity Partners LP's general partner Crestwood Equity GP LLC, according to a Jan. 2 news release. Bledsoe's appointment to Gulfport's board raises the number of members to seven directors.
* Occidental Petroleum Corp. appointed Andrew Gould to its board of directors, effective March 1. Gould previously served as the chairman and CEO of oilfield services company Schlumberger Ltd., according to a Jan. 2 news release. He is now a board member of Saudi Arabian Oil Co. and private oilfield services company BJ Services Inc.
* Chaparral Energy Inc. named Charles Duginski president and CEO, effective Dec. 20, 2019. Duginski succeeds K. Earl Reynolds, who resigned as president and CEO, according to a Dec. 23, 2019 news release. Duginski was previously the COO, senior vice president and a board member of Tapstone Energy LLC. Duginski will join Chaparral Energy's board of directors with Michael Kuharski and Mark McFarland. Kuharski is a director at Chaparral's largest shareholder, Strategic Value Partners LLC, while McFarland is the executive chairman of GenOn Energy Inc. and a board member of TerraForm Power Inc. Chaparral Energy said Matthew Cabell will resign from its board of directors.
* RGC Resources Inc. named Randall Burton vice president, CFO, treasurer and secretary, effective Jan. 16. Burton, who was previously a partner and a certified public accountant at accounting firm Brown Edwards & Co. LLP, will lead RGC Resources' finance organization, according to a Dec. 20, 2019, news release.
* Pennsylvania-based coal producer Consol Energy Inc. named Mitesh Thakkar interim CFO, effective Jan. 1. Thakkar will take over from David Khani, who resigned as the company's executive vice president, CFO and treasurer on Dec. 31, 2019. The company said Jan. 3 that it is considering internal and, if necessary, external candidates as it searches for Khani's permanent replacement.
* Metallurgical coal miner Contura Energy Inc. appointed Scott Vogel to its board of directors, effective Dec. 20, 2019. Vogel is managing member of Vogel Partners LLC, an advisory and investment company, Contura Energy said in a Dec. 23, 2019 news release. The appointment comes as the company pushes to drive down operating costs at its metallurgical coal operations.