This feature rounds up recent commercial property news and highlights larger deal coverage already published.
* Spirit Realty Capital Inc. sold 192 properties for gross proceeds of $551.2 million during full year 2017, including 87 income-producing properties for $397.5 million and 105 vacant properties for $153.7 million. For the same period, the net-lease real estate investment trust invested $323.0 million in 39 properties.
* VEREIT Inc. acquired 23 properties for about $293.5 million and sold 25 properties and a land parcel owned by an unconsolidated joint venture for $85.6 million in the 2017 fourth quarter. Subsequent to quarter-end, the single tenant-focused diversified REIT purchased six properties for $66.3 million and sold seven properties for $57.4 million.
* NNC Apartment Ventures Inc. acquired the 192-unit Via Ventura apartment complex in Ventura, Calif., for $74 million, or $385,417 per unit, the highest price per unit for a multifamily asset in Ventura, according to broker Marcus & Millichap Inc.
* Hertz Investment Group LLC acquired the three-building Brookhollow Central class A office portfolio, which encompasses 806,541 square feet of office space at 2800, 2900 and 2950 N. Loop W. in Houston from Parmenter Realty Partners for $70.5 million, the Houston Business Journal reported.
* Shopping center REIT Retail Opportunity Investments Corp. has binding contracts to purchase two 100%-leased grocery-anchored shopping centers for $34.6 million in separate deals, including the roughly 63,000-square-foot King City Plaza in Oregon and the 49,000-square-foot Stadium Center in Tacoma, Wash.
* Manufactured home-focused residential REIT Sun Communities Inc. paid $32.5 million to purchase a 383-site age-restricted manufactured housing community in Port Orange, Fla., and $19.5 million for a 201-site manufactured housing and recreational vehicle resort in Panama City Beach, Fla., during the 2017 fourth quarter.
* Multifamily-focused REIT Investors Real Estate Trust sold its properties at 1001 E. Superior St. and 4702 Grand Ave. in Duluth, Minn., to HRSE-MN for $22.1 million and $4 million, respectively, The Duluth News Tribune reported, citing Duluth property transaction records.
* Hotel REIT Hersha Hospitality Trust sold the Hyatt House in Gaithersburg, Md., for $19.0 million and the Holiday Inn Express in Chester, N.Y., for $8.4 million.
* Self-storage REIT Life Storage Inc. bought a roughly 70,000-square-foot certificate of occupancy property in Charlotte, N.C., for $12.5 million and sold an 86,000-square-foot Salt Lake City store for $9.4 million. Life Storage also noted that one of its joint venture partners constructed a 61,000-square-foot facility in Queens, N.Y., in which Life Storage is 5% owner, during the 2017 fourth quarter.
* Industrial REIT First Industrial Realty Trust Inc. purchased a 35,000-square-foot, fully-leased Seattle building for $5.6 million and a Dallas development site that can accommodate four buildings totaling 727,000 square feet for $10 million. Additionally, the company paid $7.0 million to buy a 100,000-square-foot Chicago building during the 2017 fourth quarter.
The company, during the quarter, also broke ground on the 1.4-million-square-foot First Nandina Logistics Center in Southern California with an estimated total investment of $89.3 million. First Industrial started development of the 126,000-square-foot First 290 @ Guhn Road facility in Houston with an estimated investment of $9.1 million.
* An affiliate of diversified REIT EPR Properties acquired the 22,200-square-foot Creative Child Learning Center at 1305 Southwest 101st Rd. in Davie, Fla., from ES Creative Propco LLC for $8.9 million in a sale-leaseback transaction, The Real Deal reported, citing property records.
Winthrop Realty affiliates strike deal to sell NYC asset for $1.53B
Host Hotels under contract to acquire 3 hotels for $1B
Greenland unit markets condo tower at $1B Los Angeles complex
Equity Commonwealth sells Groupon's Chicago HQ for $510M
Bixby Land, AXA form JV to acquire up to $400M of US logistics properties