This edition covers news about requests for proposals for the purchase or sale of power through Feb. 14. If you would like to have an RFP listed in this feature, please contact SNL Energy with your information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* National Grid USA subsidiaries Massachusetts Electric Co. and Nantucket Electric Co. issued a request for proposals to provide default service to customers in Massachusetts. Interested respondents must submit their background and financial information by 5 p.m. ET on Feb. 23.
* Basin Electric Power Cooperative issued three separate requests for proposals for capacity. Bids are due by 5 p.m. CT on Feb. 23.
* Great River Energy issued a request for proposals for up to 10 MW of solar energy resources that can be connected to the Dakota Electric Association distribution system. Proposals are due Feb. 23.
* Salt River Project has launched a request for proposals seeking 100 MW of new renewable energy projects. Bids must be submitted by March 9.
* Massachusetts officials selected Eversource Energy's Northern Pass Hydro project as their preferred provider of long-term supply of "clean" energy. However, the New Hampshire Site Evaluation Committee on Feb. 1 voted unanimously to deny the application for proposed transmission line.
* Hawaiian Electric Industries Inc.'s utilities are seeking the state Public Utilities Commission approval to issue request for proposals to procure 300 MW of variable renewable energy resources.
* New England states Connecticut and Rhode Island have both thrown out feelers for upcoming solicitations for offshore wind and other cleaner energy sources.
* Fortis Inc. subsidiary Tucson Electric Power Co. plans to issue a request for wind proposals to support its goal of delivering at least 30% of its power from renewable resources by 2030.
* The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority released its Offshore Wind Master Plan, a two-phase plan to develop and procure 2,400 MW of offshore wind capacity by 2030.