S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a periodic rundown of selected ratings actions on energy companies. The changes, confined to upgrades, downgrades and changes in outlook, are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Moody's lowered its outlook on Centrica PLC to negative from stable after the company announced interim financial results for the first half of 2019.
* Fitch Ratings raised the outlooks on certain securities issued by Solar Star Funding LLC and Alta Wind 2010 Pass-Through Trust to stable from negative.
* S&P Global Ratings revised its outlook on Ontario Power Generation Inc. to negative from stable following the utility's announcement that it will acquire three gas-fired power facilities from affiliates of TC Energy Corp. for C$2.87 billion.
* Fitch Ratings lifted its ratings on Marathon Petroleum Corp.'s energy midstream subsidiaries, MPLX LP and Andeavor Logistics LP, by one notch following completion of their unit-for-unit merger deal worth about $9 billion in equity value. The outlook on both companies is stable.
* Two rating agencies lifted their views on San Diego Gas & Electric Co. after the utility received a valid safety certification from California regulators and committed to contribute to the state's wildfire insurance fund.
* Fitch Ratings upgraded certain bonds issued by Berkshire Wind Power Cooperative Corp. to AA- from A+ and revised its rating outlook on the company to stable from positive.
* S&P Global Ratings affirmed its ratings on Edison International and subsidiary Southern California Edison Co., including the BBB issuer credit ratings, and removed them from CreditWatch.
* S&P Global Ratings assigned an A- issuer credit rating to AEP Generating Co., with a stable outlook.
* Fitch Ratings upgraded the issuer default rating of Comstock Resources Inc. to B from B- after the independent oil and gas producer completed its acquisition of natural gas company Covey Park Energy LLC in a cash and stock transaction valued at $2.2 billion.
* Eversource Energy's decision to pursue growth through riskier contracted renewable assets prompted S&P Global Ratings to lower the company's ratings by two notches.
* Moody's upgraded FirstEnergy Corp.'s Ohio utilities and Pennsylvania Power Co., or PennPower, citing credit-supportive regulatory environments where the utilities operate.
* Fitch Ratings removed Solar Star Funding and Alta Wind 2010 Pass-Through Trust from Rating Watch negative.
* Fitch Ratings removed Edison International and utility subsidiary Southern California Edison from Rating Watch negative, citing wildfire legislation passed in California.
* Fitch Ratings raised its ratings outlook on San Diego Gas & Electric to stable from negative, after California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed a wildfire bill into law.
* S&P Global Ratings downgraded Sanchez Energy Corp.'s long-term issuer credit rating from CCC to CC, its issue-level ratings on the company's senior secured debt from B- to CCC and its senior unsecured debt from CCC- to C, with a negative outlook.
* Moody's lowered its ratings on South Jersey Gas Co. by one notch due to the utility's weak credit metrics. The outlook remains negative.
* Moody's has revised its outlook on Enel SpA to positive from stable to reflect the Italian energy company's progress at delivering strategic priorities.
* S&P Global Ratings placed all ratings for Callon Petroleum Co. on CreditWatch with positive implications following the company's announced acquisition of Carrizo Oil & Gas Inc. in an all-stock transaction for $3.2 billion.
* Fitch Ratings upgraded Lakeland City, Fla., utility Lakeland Electric 's long-term issuer default rating to AA from AA-, citing its improved financial performance and continued deleveraging. Fitch revised its outlook on Lakeland Electric to stable from positive.