S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent executive changes at pharmaceutical, biotech and life sciences companies.
* Novartis AG said Susanne Schaffert, president of its unit Advanced Accelerator Applications S.A., will become CEO of Novartis Oncology, effective Jan. 1. Schaffert will replace Liz Barrett, who will step down as CEO of the oncology unit, effective Dec. 31.
* Ionis Pharmaceuticals Inc. said founder and CEO Stanley Crooke will transition to executive chairman of the company's board of directors, effective January 2020. Brett Monia, who has been COO for the previous year and a founding member of Ionis, will take over from Crooke as CEO.
* CytoDyn Inc. appointed Nitya Ray as the company's chief technology officer — head of process sciences, manufacturing and supply chain.
* Phosphagenics Ltd said Anna Legg stepped down as the company's secretary and CFO. The company appointed Melanie Leydin as replacement secretary and CFO, effective Dec. 28., while Michael Sapountzis was also named joint company secretary.
* Phylogica Ltd. said Robert Hayes stepped down as the company's chief scientific officer.
* Editas Medicine Inc. said Andrew Hack is resigning as the company's CFO, effective March 1, 2019.
* Veritas Pharma Inc. said David Alexander resigned as the company's CFO. Peter McFadden will replace Alexander on an interim basis.
* Akorn Inc. appointed Douglas Boothe as the company's president and CEO, effective Jan. 1, 2019.
* Amicus Therapeutics Inc. named its senior vice president Daphne Quimi CFO, effective Jan. 1, 2019.