S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a daily summary of ratings actions on European, Middle Eastern and African financial institutions and economies.
* Fitch Ratings upgraded the long- and short-term issuer default ratings of Ulster Bank Ireland DAC to A-/F1 from BBB/F2, with a stable outlook on the long-term rating. The agency also raised the lender's support rating to 1 from 2, while its "bb" viability rating was unaffected.
* Moody's assigned Abbey National Treasury Services PLC long- and short-term issuer ratings of Aa3/Prime-1, with a stable outlook on the long-term rating, and baseline and adjusted baseline credit assessments of "a3." Moody's assigned Santander UK Group Holdings PLC the same baseline and adjusted baseline credit assessments. The entities are U.K. units of Spain's Banco Santander SA.
* Moody's assigned Estonia-based AS LHV Pank long- and short-term foreign- and local-currency deposit ratings of Baa1/Prime-2, with a stable outlook on the long-term deposit ratings. The agency also assigned the bank baseline credit assessment and adjusted baseline credit assessment of "baa3," counterparty risk ratings of A3/Prime-2 and counterparty risk assessment of A3(cr)/Prime-2(cr).
* Moody's affirmed Russia-based Maritime Joint-Stock Bank (JSC)'s B3/Not Prime long and short-term local- and foreign-currency deposit ratings and changed the outlook on the long-term ratings to stable from negative. At the same time, the agency affirmed the bank's "b3" baseline credit assessment and adjusted baseline credit assessment, B2/Not Prime long- and short-term local- and foreign-currency counterparty risk ratings and B2(cr) / Not-Prime(cr) long- and short-term counterparty risk assessments.
* Moody's confirmed Banca Carige SpA's long-term issuer and bank deposit ratings at Caa3 and Caa1, respectively, and changed the outlook on the ratings to stable from rating under review. In addition, the rating agency downgraded Carige's baseline and adjusted baseline credit assessments to "ca" from "caa2" and confirmed the its long-term counterparty risk assessment and counterparty risk ratings at B2(cr) and B3, respectively.
* Fitch affirmed the long-term foreign- and local-currency issuer default ratings of Russia-based AO Citibank at BBB-, with a positive outlook on the long-term ratings. Also affirmed were the bank's short-term foreign-currency issuer default rating at F3 and its viability and support ratings, respectively, at "bbb-" and 2.
* Fitch affirmed the BBB- long-term foreign- and local-currency issuer default ratings of Russian lenders PJSC Rosbank, AO Raiffeisenbank and AO UniCredit Bank. The long-term ratings of Raiffeisenbank and UniCredit Bank had positive outlook and their viability ratings were affirmed at "bbb-," while Rosbank's long-term ratings had a positive outlook. Fitch also affirmed all three banks' short-term foreign-currency issuer default ratings at F3 and their support rating at 2.
* Moody's affirmed the B2/B3 long-term domestic- and foreign-currency deposit ratings of BBK BSC and National Bank of Bahrain BSC and the B2/B3 long-term domestic- and foreign-currency senior unsecured and issuer ratings of Bahrain Islamic Bank BSC and Khaleeji Commercial Bank BSC. The agency revised the outlook on the long-term ratings of BBK, National Bank of Bahrain and Bahrain Islamic Bank to stable from negative, while that of Khaleeji was kept at negative. Moody's also affirmed some of the banks' ratings, including their "b2" baseline and adjusted baseline credit assessment.
* Capital Intelligence Ratings revised the outlooks on the long-term foreign-currency and financial strength ratings of Saudi Arabia-based National Commercial Bank, Al Rajhi Banking & Investment Corp. and Samba Financial Group to stable from negative, while affirming their ratings. The A+ financial strength rating of Banque Saudi Fransi was also affirmed, while the outlook on the bank's ratings was revised to stable.
* CI Ratings revised to stable the outlook on Saudi British Bank and affirmed its A financial strength rating. The rating agency affirmed the A- financial strength rating of Alawwal Bank and revised the outlook to stable from negative. Also affirmed were Arab National Bank and Riyad Bank's financial strength ratings at A and A+, respectively, with stable outlooks, while the outlooks on their foreign-currency ratings were revised to stable.
Links are current as of publication time, and we are not responsible if those links are unavailable later.
This S&P Global Market Intelligence news article may contain information about credit ratings issued by S&P Global Ratings. Descriptions in this news article were not prepared by S&P Global Ratings.