This feature presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the North American real estate industry, including U.S. real estate investment trusts and homebuilders.
* David Neithercut will step down as CEO of Equity Residential on Dec. 31, but will remain a member of the company's board. Neithercut also retired as president Sept. 4.
The multifamily REIT tapped Executive Vice President and CFO Mark Parrell to serve as president, effective immediately, and to assume responsibilities as CEO on Dec. 31. Parrell will be succeeded by Robert Garechana, the senior vice president and treasurer of the company, on Sept. 4.
* Temperature-controlled warehouse owner Americold Realty Trust appointed former senior vice president of distribution and global transportation services at Big Lots Stores Inc. Carlos Rodriguez as its executive vice president and COO. The company also promoted David Stuver to executive vice president of business development and supply chain solutions from senior vice president of distribution support.
* Ronald Ratner will resign as the executive vice president and chief development officer of diversified REIT Forest City Realty Trust Inc. on Sept. 15.
* CBL & Associates Properties Inc.'s Gus Stephas will retire as executive vice president and COO of the retail REIT on Dec. 31 after having worked for the company and its predecessor for 40 years.
* The senior vice president of mergers, acquisitions and strategic initiatives for Stingray Digital Group Inc. joined the board of multifamily-focused Northview Apartment REIT as a trustee.
* Student housing-focused REIT American Campus Communities Inc. added Mary Egan, founder and president of boutique management consulting firm Customer Centric Research and Strategy, to its board.
* Office REIT JBG SMITH Properties hired Carey Goldberg, most recently global learning and development officer of Marriott International Inc., as its executive vice president of human resources and inclusion.