S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of select executive management and other personnel moves at Asian financial institutions. The news items are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* iSignthis Ltd. appointed Elizabeth Warrell as group CFO, effective Sept. 2.
* Bandhan Bank Ltd. appointed Siddhartha Sanyal chief economist and head of research, Mint reported, citing a statement from the bank.
* Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc.'s Mitsubishi UFJ Trust & Banking Corp. subsidiary named Hirosuke Kimoto executive officer of global asset management.
* Blue Sky Alternative Investments Ltd. will lay off some employees due to some positions being made redundant amid a restructuring process.
* Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp. appointed Rakesh Garg chief business officer for its non-Japanese institutional business in India, The Economic Times of India reported, citing a company statement.
* Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank Ltd. named Kozo Ogino as its president. The senior adviser of Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Holdings Inc.'s asset management unit will assume the role on Sept. 1 in light of current President Fumiaki Kurahara's appointment as Citigroup Japan Holdings G.K.'s deputy chairman, according to Tokyo's The Nikkei.
* Krishnamurthy H. stepped down as a shareholder director of Canara Bank on July 26 upon the completion of his three-year term.
* Credit Suisse Group AG named Richard Gibb as CEO of its Australian operations, with effect from October. Gibb will be joining the Swiss bank after recently serving as Deutsche Bank AG's Asia-Pacific head of corporate finance.
* Au King Lun retired as CEO and executive director of Value Partners Group Ltd. The Hong Kong-based company appointed Ho Man Kei as an executive director in light of Au's retirement.
* Higinio Macadaeg Jr. stepped down as president of the Philippines' United Coconut Planters Bank, BusinessWorld reported, citing a statement from the state-run bank. Macadaeg's resignation will take effect once accepted by the country's president.
* Monex Group Inc. named Masayuki Okamoto an executive director and general counsel, with effect from Aug. 1.
* Cheng-Chuan Kang resigned as one of Taiwan Business Bank Co. Ltd.'s directors, effective Aug. 1.
* Deendayal Agrawal ceased to be a part-time nonofficial director of Bank of Maharashtra upon the completion of his three-year tenure.
* Similarly, Vijay Kumar Goel stepped down as a part-time nonofficial director of Indian Bank when he completed his tenure on July 25.
* Mahesh Gupta resigned as a director of Punjab National Bank upon the completion of his tenure.
* China Everbright Bank Co. Ltd. appointed Xu Keshun, Sun Jianwei and Shang Wencheng as employee representative supervisors, following the resignations of Sun Xinhong, Jiang Ou and Huang Dan from the same roles.
* Citigroup Inc. appointed Curt Engler as head of its equities execution services in Asia-Pacific, Reuters reported.
* Andrew Hayward stepped down as a director and CFO of Wameja Ltd. Following the resignation, the fintech firm formerly named eServGlobal Ltd. planned to outsource finance operations as part of its cost-cutting strategy.
* Bank of Queensland Ltd. named Peter Sarantzouklis as group executive for BOQ business, effective Aug. 12.
* Macquarie Group Ltd. elected P.M. Coffey and J.R. Broadbent as voting directors.