S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the European real estate industry. The moves are listed by sector and by announcement date in reverse chronological order. The Asia-Pacific and North America Hires and Fires columns will be published Tuesday and Thursday.
* British Land Co. Plc's Lord Turnbull will step down as director and senior independent director, effective July 18. Turnbull will be succeeded by William Jackson.
* Orbis SA appointed Jean-Jacques Dessors to serve as a supervisory board member, effective April 1. Dessors is AccorHotels' CEO Mediterranean, Middle East, Africa, Caribbean Islands and Indian Ocean, according to his Linkedin page.
* Wallenstam AB appointed Marina Fritsche to serve as a new member of the company's group management team, effective July 1. Fritsche, who will be in charge of the company's Gothenburg business area, will replace Thomas Dahl, who will step down June 30.
* JM AB's shareholders will vote for the election of Fredrik Persson as chairperson and Olav Line as as a member of the board at the company's annual general meeting April 27. Persson was previously president and CEO of Axel Johnson AB, while Line is CEO of Mustad Eiendom AS and was formerly CEO of Norwegian Property ASA and Steen & Strøm ASA.
* Hufvudstaden AB is seeking to increase its executive management team to eight members from seven. Bo Wikare, who is vice president and head of business development and the Stockholm City East Business Area, will now only focus on the roles of head of business development and vice president.
Head of property development and member of the executive management, Anders Nygren, will be head of the new Stockholm Business Area. Mattias Nygårds, head of the Stockholm City West Business Area, will become head of the new NK Business Area. Fredrik Ottosson will continue in his role as head of the Gothenburg Business Area. The company said the search for a new head of property development will start immediately.
All the changes will be effective April 1.
* At Befimmo SA's ordinary general meeting April 25, shareholders will vote on the election of Barbara De Saedeleer as independent director. She was temporarily appointed as a director Feb. 14 following Annick Van Overstraeten's resignation. De Saedeleer is managing director of BDS Management SPRL.
* Technopolis Plc named Sami Laine as CFO, effective in May, replacing outgoing CFO Reijo Tauriainen. Laine is the CFO of Finnish property development and investment company Renor Oy.
* Luis Antonio Nogueira de França resigned as a member of Tecnisa SA's board of directors. The company will propose the appointment of his replacement at the next shareholders' meeting.
Middle East and Africa
* Is GYO A.S.'s general assembly meeting approved the election of Levent Korba, Süleyman Özcan, Aysel Tacer, Sevdil Yildirim, Haluk Büyükbas, Nihat Uzunoglu, Mete Uluyurt, Murat Dogan and Sakine Ilgen Dokuyucu as board members.
* Texton Property Fund Ltd.'s financial director Brigitte de Bruyn is vacating her post, effective June 30. The company is seeking her replacement.