This feature presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the North American real estate industry, including U.S. REITs and REOCs, homebuilders and gaming operators.
* HCP Inc. appointed Peter Scott executive vice president and CFO, effective Feb. 13, succeeding Tom Herzog. Scott is a managing director in the real estate banking group at Barclays.
* NorthWest Healthcare Properties REIT promoted interim CFO Shailen Chande to CFO and Peter Riggin to the newly created position of COO from president of the Canada region. Bernard Crotty, a company trustee, became its new president, replacing Vincent Cozzi, who stepped down as president and chief investment officer, citing personal reasons.
* Kristin Sabia joined Corporate Property Associates 18 Global Inc. as its new chief accounting officer, effective Jan. 18, succeeding ToniAnn Sanzone.
Rolando Rodriguez, chairman, president and chief executive of Marcus Theatres
* Kent Griffin, who previously was president and COO of BioMed Realty Trust Inc., joined TIER REIT Inc.'s board as an independent director. According to the company, Charles Dannis will not seek re-election as a director at TIER REIT's 2017 annual shareholder meeting.
* Marcus Corp. Executive Vice President Rolando Rodriguez assumed the chairman role at Marcus Theatres. Rodriguez has served as Marcus Theatres' president and CEO since joining the company in 2013.
* Lennar Corp. appointed Donna Shalala to its board of directors as a member, effective Jan. 23. Shalala previously was a company director from 2001 to April 2012.
* Shanghai Huazhou Real Estate Development general manager Zhen Luo joined the board of directors of Reven Housing REIT Inc. Jan. 20.
* Investors Real Estate Trust said Jeffrey Woodbury resigned as a trustee, noting that the move was because of personal reasons and not tied to any conflict with the company's board or management.
* Miles Berger will retire from Universal Health Realty Income Trust's board of trustees, effective June 8.
* Education Realty Trust Inc. promoted Scott Barton to senior vice president of acquisitions and development, and Bob Earwood to senior vice president of construction and engineering services. The company also appointed Olan Brevard as executive vice president of acquisitions and off-campus development, and Agnes Webb as vice president of tax compliance. Patrick Parsons was named vice president of development.
* Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust Inc. appointed Brian Kim head of acquisitions and capital markets.