This feature rounds up recent commercial property news and highlights larger deal coverage already published.
* National Storage Affiliates Trust purchased 31 consolidated self-storage properties with roughly 15,000 storage units, encompassing about 2.0 million rentable square feet, across 10 states in the 2017 fourth quarter for $201.0 million. In the same period, the self-storage-focused real estate investment trust's unconsolidated real estate venture paid $9.4 million to buy one 100,000-square-foot self-storage property in California, with the company's contribution totaling $2.4 million.
* CenterLight Health System intends to sell its Margaret Tietz Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Jamaica, N.Y., to a consortium of limited liability companies for $41 million, subject to state approval, The Real Deal reported, citing Crain's New York Business.
* Private equity firm Kiddar Capital acquired a 4.8-acre site at 575 Herndon Pkwy. in Herndon, Va., from an affiliate of a fund managed by UBS Global Asset Management for $33 million, the Washington Business Journal reported. Kiddar could potentially develop more than 906,000 square feet of mixed-use development at the site, according to the report.
* In January, Government Properties Income Trust agreed to sell a 193,594-square-foot Minneapolis office property for $20.0 million in a deal expected to close in the first quarter. In February, the office REIT agreed to sell a 110,500-square-foot office property in Sacramento, Calif., and a 36,139-square-foot office property in Safford, Ariz., for $10.8 million and $8.3 million, respectively, with the sales expected to close in the second quarter.
* Iron Mountain Inc. opened a 125,000-square-foot storage facility at the Andrews Federal Campus in Suitland, Md. When complete, the company will have invested more than $10 million to construct and outfit the facility, which has a total capacity of 1.5 million cubic feet of records storage.
* Chartwell Retirement Residences in February sold its stakes in three Quebec retirement residences, consisting of 509 suites, for C$32.0 million.
* Data center solutions company Equinix Inc. agreed to lease an additional 18,654 square feet at Two Harbour Place in Tampa, Fla., bringing its total occupancy at the office building to 48,818 square feet, the Tampa Bay Business Journal reported.
* Marketing and technology services provider Trailer Park Inc. signed a 10-year lease for 102,977 square feet of office space at office REIT Hudson Pacific Properties Inc.'s 6922 Hollywood Blvd. property in Hollywood, Calif.
Equity Commonwealth wraps up $670M sales of 2 properties
Report: Prologis' deal to buy FedEx warehouse in NYC for $265M falls through
Minneapolis tower complex sells for $255M
Alexander & Baldwin buys 3 Hawaii shopping centers for $254M
Invesque buys 2 Texas facilities for $52M