S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent executive changes at pharmaceutical, biotech and life sciences companies.
* Perrigo Co. plc permanently appointed Ronald Winowiecki CFO. Winowiecki was appointed interim CFO in 2017 following the resignation of Judy Brown.
* Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC appointed Sigurdur Olafsson CEO. Olafsson, who is the former president and CEO of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.'s global generic medicines group, replaces Hikma's current chairman and CEO, Said Darwazah, who will become executive chairman.
* Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc. said its COO and executive vice president, John Goetz, will retire and resign from his position March 30.
* Santen Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. said President and CEO Akira Kurokawa will serve as chairman and CEO, effective April 1. Additionally, Shigeo Taniuchi, a board member of the company, will become president and COO.
* Anthony Mattacchione resigned as the CFO of Bruker Corp. Mattacchione, who is also a senior vice president of the company, will leave Bruker on March 16 and will join Albany Molecular Research Inc. as CFO in April.
* BeyondSpring Inc. said Richard Brand resigned as CFO. BeyondSpring named Amy Yang, the company's controller, interim CFO. She will continue in the position until a new CFO is selected.
* Basilea Pharmaceutica AG said Ronald Scott will retire as CEO. David Veitch, Basilea's chief commercial officer, will replace Scott, effective April 19.
* OWC Pharmaceutical Research Corp. appointed Oron Zeevi chief scientific officer.
* Darrin Disley has decided to step down as the CEO of Horizon Discovery Group plc to pursue other opportunities. The company's CFO and deputy CEO, Richard Vellacott, was appointed interim CEO, while Ian Gilham, the company's board chairman, was named the executive chairman.
* Futura Medical plc appointed Angela Hildreth COO, finance director, and board member. Hildreth succeeds Derek Martin, who stepped down as Futura Medical's finance director.
* India's Pfizer Ltd. said Ravi Bhagavathula resigned as executive director for finance and CFO.
* Ronald Shazer resigned as the chief medical officer of Inspyr Therapeutics Inc.