trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/p4DWCzOFzoDOndSoNr78gw2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us
In This List

Report: Manipal Group acquiring 16% stake in Cigna TTK Health Insurance

Infrastructure Issues: Tools to Dig Deep on Potential Risks

Part Two IFRS 9 Blog Series: The Need to Upgrade Analytical Tools

2018 US Property Casualty Insurance Market Report

Fintech

Fintech Funding Flows To Insurtech In February


Report: Manipal Group acquiring 16% stake in Cigna TTK Health Insurance

Manipal Group is acquiring a 16.04% stake in Cigna TTK Health Insurance Co. Ltd. from TTK Group for an undisclosed amount, The Times of India reported.

In September 2017, Cigna TTK sought to change its partner, proposing for Manipal Group to acquire 51% of its stake from TTK Group. However, India's insurance regulator asked the companies to revise the shareholding structure.

Under the new structure, Cigna Corp. will continue to own a 49% stake in Cigna TTK. Manipal Group and TTK Group will jointly hold the remaining 51% stake in the health insurance venture, according to the report.

The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India has approved Cigna TTK's partnership with hospital operator Manipal Group.