* JPMorgan Chase appointed Oliver Harris to explore the potential use of cryptocurrencies across its corporate and investment bank, sources told Financial News in London.
* Lobby group Gun Owners of America has asked lawmakers to add a provision to the Dodd-Frank rewrite bill that would prevent banks from "discriminating" against gun manufacturers, Reuters reports.
* Cincinnati-based Fifth Third Bancorp is merging with Chicago-based MB Financial in a deal valued at $4.7 billion.
* South Carolina-based Citizens Bancshares is buying in-state peer Regional Bankshares for approximately $11.3 million in cash and stock.
* London-based IHS Markit is buying data provider Ipreo for $1.86 billion from private equity funds managed by Blackstone Group and the Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division.
* California-based private equity firm Accel-KKR has acquired Sageworks, which provides financial software and information products to U.S. financial institutions.
* Asset management firm Janus Henderson Group is pushing for the sale of healthcare technology company athenahealth.
* In the first quarter, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board doubled its holding in Minnesota-based managed health care company UnitedHealth Group and raised its stakes in other managed care insurers.
* The Women Entrepreneurs Opportunity Facility — a partnership between Goldman Sachs Group and International Finance — has invested more than $1 billion in women entrepreneurs in emerging markets.
The Daily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external links may require a subscription.
S&P Global Market Intelligence provides links to external sites where these offer further, relevant information to our readers. While we ensure that such links are functional at the time of publication, we are not responsible in instances where those links are unavailable later.