trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/ozp1qetk5h-o1-ipp-v53g2 content esgSubNav
In This List

Pakistan Petroleum joint venture announces Digri block discovery

Blog

Insight Weekly: Recession risk persists; Banks pull back from crypto; 2022 laggard stocks rally

Blog

Highlighting the Top Regional Aftermarket Research Brokers by Sector Coverage

Blog

Insight Weekly: Inflation eases; bank M&A slows; top companies boost market share

Blog

Activity Volumes Across the Equity Capital Markets Dropped Significantly in 2022


Pakistan Petroleum joint venture announces Digri block discovery

A joint venture between United Energy Group Ltd subsidiary United Energy Pakistan Ltd and Pakistan Petroleum Ltd. found oil through an exploration well in the Digri block in the country's Tando Allah Yar district, according to an Oct. 9 letter to the Pakistan Stock Exchange.

The well, called Gulsher-1, began drilling on Aug. 17 and reached a depth of 8,227 feet before testing the hydrocarbon potential of the lower Goru formation. Test results showed a flow rate of 1,056 barrels of oil per day on a 48/128-inch choke in a zone ranging from 5,572 feet to 5,587 feet.

United Energy Pakistan Ltd is the operator the Digri exploration license with a 75% stake while the remaining 25% is held by Pakistan Petroleum.