S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of executive management, board and other personnel moves at Latin American financial institutions. News items are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Martín Lang is retiring as Mastercard Inc.'s country manager for Argentina and Uruguay, El Cronista reported. He will be replaced by Agustín Beccar Varela.
* Banco do Nordeste do Brasil SA appointed Eudes de Gouveia Varela as an independent board member, replacing Sérgio Brilhante de Albuquerque Júnior. The bank also elected Lúcio Rodrigues Capelletto as director of control and risk.
* Caja Rural de Ahorro y Crédito CAT Perú SA said Ignacio Aramburu Arias resigned as a director.
* Mibanco Banco de la Microempresa SA appointed Maria del Pilar Ruiz Oblitas deputy general manager of business administration.
* Javier Barrenechea Parra was elected chairman of Banco Internacional Administradora General de Fondos SA, which is the fund manager of Chile's Banco Internacional.
* Banchile Seguros de Vida SA and SegChile Seguros Generales SA said Ruperto González Bolbarán will step down as the companies' general manager on May 31. José Luis Daroch Bülher, the companies' current deputy general manager, will replace González Bolbarán.
* Caixa Econômica Federal will launch a voluntary dismissal program that aims to cut 3,500 positions, CEO Pedro Guimarães announced. The program will start in June.
* Caja Municipal de Ahorro y Crédito de Huancayo SA said David Julio Jimenez Heredia and Herbert Roel Chamorro Victorio resigned as directors.
* Santander Consumer Chile SA appointed Joaquín Zapata Fernández general manager to replace Jorge Julio Tagle Arrizaga, who resigned. Additionally, Juan Alejandro Siraqyan Pérez left his position as general manager of administration and finance.
* Banco do Brasil SA elected Ronaldo Simon Ferreira and Simão Luiz Kovalski to its executive board.
* As part of a senior leadership reshuffle, Scor SE appointed John Jenkins CEO of property and casualty reinsurance operations in the Americas and named Frank Coglianese to replace Jenkins as chief underwriting officer for P&C treaty for the Americas.