trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/oi0q0xbuzm3z2az65bg74a2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us
In This List

Kaga Electronics to acquire Fujitsu Electronics

OTT Helps To Offset Pay TV Losses for Video Security Vendors

5G Survey: Despite COVID-19 delays, operator roadmaps still lead to 5G

Machine Learning and Credit Risk Modelling

COVID-19 reduces U.S. residential smart meter shipments over the short term but long term still looks positive


Kaga Electronics to acquire Fujitsu Electronics

Kaga Electronics Co. Ltd. will acquire a 70% stake in Fujitsu Electronics Inc. from Fujitsu Ltd. unit Fujitsu Semiconductor Ltd. and intends to take over the remaining 30% shareholding by the end of 2021.

The first phase of the transaction, which entails the transfer of the 70% stake in Fujitsu Electronics to Kaga Electronics, is expected to close Jan. 1, 2019, subject to relevant regulatory approvals and other customary closing conditions. The remaining 30% stake will be transferred in two phases, scheduled to take place Dec. 28, 2020, and Dec. 28, 2021, respectively.

The total acquisition price, including advisory and other fees, is currently estimated at about ¥20.54 billion, Kaga Electronics said in a Sept. 10 notice. Kaga Electronics expects to fund the transaction via cash in hand and new bridge loans.

For the present, Fujitsu Electronics will retain its trading name and continue to offer its existing products.

Shares in Kaga Electronics were trading 5.84% higher as of 1:36 p.m. Tokyo time on Sept. 11, while shares in Fujitsu were down 0.60%.

As of Sept. 10, US$1 was equivalent to ¥111.14.