S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of select executive management and other personnel moves at Asian financial institutions. The news items are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Riza Mantaring will retire as country head and CEO of Sun Life Financial Inc.'s Philippine operations, effective June 30.
* Australia & New Zealand Banking Group Ltd. promoted Alexis George to deputy CEO and Mark Hand to group executive of Australian business and private banking. George will replace Graham Hodges. The promotions take effect May 15.
* Managed Accounts Holdings Ltd said Alex Hutchison resigned as nonexecutive director, effective May 9.
* Hang Seng Bank Ltd. said Fred Zuliu Hu resigned as a director, effective May 9.
* Yoon Suk-heun took office as governor of South Korea's Financial Supervisory Service on May 8 for a three-year term.
* AEON Credit Service (M) Bhd. appointed Ng Eng Kiat chairman.
* India's Vijaya Bank appointed Ramesh Kumar Miglani CFO, effective May 8.
* Religare Enterprises Ltd. named Vijayalakshmi Rajaram Iyer a nonexecutive independent director, effective May 8.
* Mo Kuo was appointed an independent director of Yuanta Securities Co. Ltd., effective May 24.
* Margo Finance Ltd. appointed Smita Kulkarni an additional independent director, effective May 8.
* Gao Yuhui resigned as deputy general manager of Guangzhou Yuexiu Financial Holdings Group Co. Ltd.
* Barclays PLC appointed Matt Pecot head of its equities business for the Asia-Pacific region.
* Liu Jianwu stepped down as chairman and board director at China's Western Securities Co. Ltd.
* Australia's AMP Ltd. said Patty Akopiantz, Vanessa Wallace and Holly Kramer will step down as nonexecutive directors.
* Vorathep Rangchaikul stepped down as board director of Thailand's Premier Enterprise Public Company Ltd, effective May 7.
* Phong-adul Kristnaraj, a director of Bank of Ayudhya PCL, died May 7.
* Shriram City Union Finance Ltd. said Khushru Burjor Jijina resigned as a nonexecutive nonindependent director, effective May 7.
* Viji Finance Ltd. approved the resignation of Manish Tambi as a full-time director, effective May 7.
* P. Vijaya Bhaskar, an independent director of Religare Enterprises, died May 4.
* Japan Post Bank Co. Ltd. said Katsunori Sago will retire as a representative executive officer and a director.
* Aarti Madaan and Praveen Sharma stepped down as independent directors of India's SRS Finance Ltd.
* Karnataka Bank Ltd. named Raghavendra Bhat M. as its first COO, effective May 7.
* India's Kanungo Financiers Ltd appointed Chirag Kirtikumar Shah an additional director, effective May 5.
* MUFG Bank Ltd. opened its Manila back-office center with 50 staffers, with plans to expand to 300 employees by the 2024 fiscal year.
* Singapore's AXA Insurance Pte Ltd. appointed Sean Goh managing director of its life strategic business unit, effective May 1.
* Siang Chin Lee resigned as an independent director of Maybank Kim Eng Securities (Thailand) PCL, effective May 4.
* AMP Ltd. named David Murray an independent nonexecutive chairman.
* Consolidated Operations Group Ltd. appointed Andrew Bennett an executive director and said Raylee Carruthers will step down as COO.
* Min Xin Holdings Ltd. appointed Leung Chong Shun an independent director, effective May 3.
* An Binh Commercial Joint Stock Bank appointed Duong Th? Mai Hoa general director.
* Nepal's Rastriya Banijya Bank Ltd. absorbed 18 of N.I.D.C. Development Bank Ltd.'s 38 permanent employees following the completion of their merger.
* Somchai Sujjapongse resigned as chairman and director of Krung Thai Bank PCL, effective May 1.
* Hong Kong Exchanges & Clearing Ltd. appointed Roland Chai group risk officer, effective June 1.
* ING Bank (Australia) Ltd. appointed Nancy Fox a director, effective May 3.
* Marisol Teodoro was appointed president and CEO of China Bank Securities Corp., effective May 16.
* IFCI Ltd. said R. N. Dubey ceased to be a director, effective April 1.