S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of select executive management and other personnel moves at Asian financial institutions. The news items are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Bank of South Pacific Ltd. appointed Faamausili Lua'iufi as a director.
* Khan Bank LLC appointed John Law as a director.
* David Bruchet will join Deutsche Bank AG in Hong Kong as an index equity derivatives trader at the end of January 2017, Bloomberg News reported.
* UnionBank of the Philippines said Shiny Chan stepped down as treasury marketing head with the rank of first vice president, effective Dec. 20.
* Eliseo Hidalgo Jr. has resigned as a senior vice president at Philippine Trust Co., effective Dec. 29.
* Asia United Bank Corp. appointed Lin Hong Dow as a director to replace Jonathan Ng, who resigned.
* China Everbright Bank Co. Ltd. named Cai Yunge and Liu Chong as candidates to be nonexecutive directors, subject to approvals.
* ORIX Corp. appointed Toyonori Takahashi as group executive and president of ORIX Real Estate Corp. and chairman of ORIX Living Corp. Takahashi will replace Tetsuo Matsumoto, who is retiring from the role. Further, Hiroaki Nishina will retire as vice chairman of the company and chairman of ORIX Real Estate. The appointments are effective Jan. 1, 2017.
* Fanhua Inc. named CFO Peng Ge as a director, effective Dec. 20. Ge replaces Xiaojun Shang, an appointee of CDH Investments, who resigned.
* China Construction Bank Corp. named Malcolm McCarthy as an independent nonexecutive director.
* China Life Insurance Co. Ltd. named Liu Huimin and Yin Zhaojun as candidates for nonexecutive directors.
* Bruce McLachlan will resign as CEO of New Zealand's Co-operative Bank Ltd. to take up another leadership position with another New Zealand business.
* Sanjeev Kumar Sharma stepped down as part-time nonofficial director of Allahabad Bank upon the expiration of his appointed term Dec. 18.
* Yirendai Ltd. appointed Chaomei Chen as an independent director of the company, effective Dec. 18.
* N.S. Rathnaprabha stepped down as part-time nonofficial director on Central Bank of India's board, effective Dec. 19.
* Genworth Mortgage Insurance Australia Ltd.'s chief commercial officer, Bridget Sakr, will step down. Sakr will remain in office until mid-March 2017 while a committee finds a replacement.
* A.B.D. Badushas stepped down as part-time nonofficial director on Indian Overseas Bank's board, effective Dec. 11.
* Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc. named unit Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp.'s president, Takeshi Kunibe, as group president. The group's current president, Koichi Miyata, will become chairman of the board, while the current chairman, Masayuki Oku, will become a director. At the banking unit, Senior Managing Director Makoto Takashima will become president, while Miyata will become chairman of the bank's board. Further, Teisuke Kitayama, the bank's current chairman, and Kunibe will become directors on the bank's board. All the changes are effective April 1, 2017.
* Lin Xiaoxuan resigned as Agricultural Bank of China Ltd.'s executive vice president, due to a change in work arrangements.
* ANZ Bank New Zealand Ltd. appointed Antonia Watson managing director for retail and business banking. Watson replaces John Body, who has been the bank's managing director for retail, business banking and wealth and is on extended leave because of illness.
* UBS Group AG is cutting as many as 20 jobs in its Asian investment banking business, mainly in Hong Kong and Singapore, as it moves to reduce costs, Reuters reported, citing "people with direct knowledge of the matter."
* Security Bank Corp. said that Eduardo Olbes was appointed officer-in-charge of the company's unit, SB Capital Investment Corp.
* UnionBank of the Philippines appointed Emmanuel Dooc as a director on the bank's board to replace Emilio De Quiros Jr. who resigned.
* Ian Macfarlane retired as a nonexecutive director of Australia & New Zealand Banking Group Ltd., effective Dec. 16.
* National Australia Bank Ltd. said that Daniel Gilbert and Jillian Segal have retired as directors on the bank's board.
* Willis Towers Watson Plc appointed Ken Brown to lead the South Asia and Emerging Markets division of its insurance consulting and technology business in the Asia-Pacific region.
* Damien Brosnan will step down as co-head of equity capital markets in UBS Group AG's Asian investment bank at the end of December, IFR reported.
* East West Banking Corp. appointed Abigail Del Rosario as senior vice president and head of wealth management/markets, loans and investment, effective Jan. 1, 2017.
* Pankaj Vats stepped down as a director on IDBI Bank Ltd.'s board, effective Dec. 15.
* Bank of Maldives Plc appointed Mohamed Shareef, current retail banking director, as director of operations and deputy CEO. Zulkarnain Taman was appointed as director of Bank of Maldives Islamic. Further, Kuldip Paliwal, director of corporate banking, will become director of business. The changes are effective Jan. 2, 2017.
* Thailand's KASIKORNBANK PCL appointed Pipit Aneaknithi as president and a director on its board, effective Jan. 1, 2017.