S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent executive management, board and regulatory changes in the energy industry. The moves are listed by sector in reverse chronological order.
* Unitil Corp. on Jan. 3 announced the planned retirement of Mark Collin, senior vice president, CFO and treasurer of the company, effective May 1. He will formally step down as CFO and treasurer on March 1 and will be succeeded by Christine Vaughan, currently senior vice president of financial and regulatory services of Unitil Service Corp.
* PNM Resources Inc. appointed Vicky Bailey and James Hughes to its board of directors, effective Jan. 1.
* Southern Co. named Beth Reese executive vice president of Southern Co. Services Shared Services. Dan Tucker will replace Reese as executive vice president and CFO at Southern Co. Robin Boren will succeed Tucker as senior vice president of finance and treasurer for Southern Co.
* Dominion Energy Inc. announced Jan. 2 the executive team to lead its new operating segment, Southeast Energy Group, following the completion of its merger with SCANA Corp. The new segment will be led by P. Rodney Blevins as president and CEO of Southeast Energy Group.
* W. Keller Kissam has been named president of electric operations at Southeast Energy and will continue to be responsible for all non-nuclear generation and transmission and distribution operations at South Carolina Electric & Gas Co.
* D. Russell Harris has become Southeast Energy's vice president and general manager of gas operations. He will continue to be responsible for gas utility operations at SCE&G, Public Service Co. of North Carolina Inc., and for Scana Energy Marketing Inc. He is also appointed president of PSNC Energy and of gas operations at SCE&G.
* Southeast Energy's new vice president of financial management and integration is Iris Griffin. Griffin has also been named treasurer for PSNC Energy and SCE&G.
* Daniel Stoddard has been named chief nuclear officer of Southeast Energy and will continue as senior vice president and chief nuclear officer at Dominion. George Lippard has been named site vice president for V.C. Summer and will report to Stoddard.
* Dominion promoted James Chapman to executive vice president from senior vice president. Chapman continues to serve as CFO and treasurer of Dominion.
* Dominion also named Carlos Brown senior vice president. He will continue to serve as general counsel.
* Patricia Bellinger resigned from Pattern Energy Group Inc.'s board of directors due to the time constraints of a new role at Harvard University. The company appointed Mona Sutphen and Richard Goodman as independent directors. Pattern Energy's board now comprises seven directors, six of whom are independent.
Oil and gas utility/midstream
* Concho Resources Inc. promoted Will Giraud to executive vice president and COO. Giraud replaced Joe Wright, who retired from the executive team and is on Concho's board.
* Brenda Schroer was named senior vice president, CFO and treasurer of Concho, effective immediately. Schroer is assuming the role from Jack Harper, who will continue as Concho's president.
* Concho appointed Price Moncrief senior vice president of corporate development and midstream. Other newly appointed senior vice presidents are Clay Bateman, senior vice president of assets; Keith Corbett, senior vice president of corporate engineering and planning; and Scott Kidwell, senior vice president of administration.
* Concho Senior Vice President of Business Operations and Engineering Steve Guthrie plans to retire at the end of 2019 and will serve as special adviser to Concho until then.
* Concho named Jeff Gasch vice president of Delaware Basin, Jacob Gobar vice president and chief accounting officer, Aaron Hunter vice president of Midland Basin, and Jere Thompson vice president of planning.
* Enterprise Products Partners LP's general partner Enterprise Products Holdings LLC added two members to its board of directors, effective Jan. 3. Murray Brasseux and John Rutherford are veterans of the finance and energy industries. They were also appointed to serve on the board's audit and conflicts committee.
* Enterprise Products Partners said one of three voting trustees associated with privately held Enterprise Products Co. Inc., Ralph Cunningham, was appointed as an advisory director.
* Sintana Energy Inc., an oil and gas producer in Colombia's Magdalena Basin, elected Robert Bose as an independent director.
* Kinder Morgan Inc. General Counsel James Curtis Moffatt died Dec. 28, 2018. Adam Forman, Kinder Morgan's vice president, deputy general counsel and corporate secretary, will serve as interim general counsel.
* Jerônimo Antunes was appointed as interim chairman of the board of directors at state-controlled Petróleo Brasileiro SA, the company said Jan. 2. Luiz Nelson Guedes de Carvalho resigned from the position Jan. 1. Additionally, board member Francisco Petros Oliveira Lima Papathanasiadis stepped down from his role.
* Halliburton Co. named its president and CEO Jeff Miller chairman of the company's board of directors, effective Jan. 1, after Executive Chairman Dave Lesar retired Dec. 31, 2018. In addition, Robert Malone will remain a lead independent director at the board.
* Arch Coal Inc.'s board of directors elected Paul Demzik as chief commercial officer, effective immediately, the company said in a Jan. 2 news release. Kenneth Cochran stepped down as Arch's senior vice president of operations Dec. 31, 2018, as part of his retirement package.
* China Shenhua Energy Co. Ltd. appointed Xu Shancheng as CFO for an initial three-year term, according to a Dec. 28, 2018, release.
* Semirara Mining & Power Corp. on Dec. 28, 2018, reported the death of Victor Consunji, who served as its president and COO as well as vice chairman of the board.