* Kevin Hassett, a senior economic adviser to President Donald Trump, told NBC News that Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin will not be fired.
* Visa has agreed to acquire Earthport, a U.K.-based publicly traded company that facilitates cross-border payments, for £198 million.
* JPMorgan Chase Bank agreed to pay more than $135 million to settle the Securities and Exchange Commission's claims that it improperly handled transactions involving American depositary receipts.
* The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority levied a $10 million fine on Morgan Stanley Smith Barney over allegations that the broker/dealer did not have adequate compliance rules to detect and prevent money laundering.
* Activist investor Lawrence Seidman and his investment affiliates increased their ownership stake in Paoli, Pa.-based Malvern Bancorp. Another investor, PL Capital Group, raised its stake in Old Point Financial, a bank based in Hampton, Va.
* Maryland Financial Bank, which provides financial services to local community banks in Maryland, plans to liquidate in 2019 amid rising financial losses, the Baltimore Business Journal reports.
The Daily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external links may require a subscription. Links are current as of publication time, and S&P Global Market Intelligence is not responsible if those links are unavailable later.