S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of select executive management and other personnel moves at Asian financial institutions. The news items are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* ANZ Bank New Zealand Ltd. appointed Antonia Watson CEO, marking the first time a woman will lead the bank. Watson will also join the bank's board.
* Peter Zarin stepped down as QuickFee Ltd.'s CFO to explore other career opportunities.
* Kita-Nippon Bank Ltd. is promoting executive director Masamichi Iizuka to president, replacing Katsuhiro Shibata, who is stepping down to take an advisory role starting Feb. 1, 2020.
* TMB Bank PCL named Teeranun Srihong and Prinya Hom-anek independent directors and appointed Michal Jan Szczurek a director.
* Clime Capital Ltd. appointed Ronni Chalmers a director on its board.
* Siripong Sombutsiri and Christopher John King stepped down as directors on TMB Bank's board.
* Vanessa Stoddart resigned as an independent director of Heartland Group Holdings Ltd.'s Heartland Bank Ltd. subsidiary, effective Jan. 1, 2020.
* Taiwan Cooperative Financial Holding Co. Ltd. appointed Lee Guo-Shin a director on its board.
* Indo Global Exchange(s) Pte. Ltd. added Leonard Armenta to its board as a director.
* A representative for The Blackstone Group Inc. confirmed with Bloomberg News the appointment of Amit Jain as senior managing director and one of the private equity giant's partners in India, with effect from Jan. 1.
* Suncorp Group Ltd. appointed Jeremy Robson group CFO and Lee Hatton CEO of its banking and wealth division.
* Bank of China Ltd. named Wang Jiang president and executive vice president, confirming an earlier Caixin report. Wang was also nominated to be an executive director and vice chairman of the Chinese state-owned bank, subject to the approval of the China Banking and Insurance Regulatory Commission.
* Teaminvest Private Group Ltd. named Malcolm Jones an independent nonexecutive director and chairman of its board.
* Meanwhile, Katherine Woodthorpe stepped down as a director on Teaminvest's board due to pressure from other commitments, including serving as chair of the Bushfire & Natural Hazards CRC.
* Agricultural Bank of China Ltd. appointed Zhang Qingsong vice chairman.
* Huarong International Financial Holdings Ltd. named Hung Ka Hai an independent nonexecutive director, replacing Wong Tin Yau, who resigned to devote more time to other work commitments.
* Almondz Global Securities Ltd. appointed Abdul Redha Mustafa Abdul Redha Sultan an additional director on its board, effective Dec. 11.
* Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu ceased to be Hexindai Inc.'s independent auditor.
* Jesus Roberto Reyes stepped down as East West Banking Corp.'s president and deputy CEO, with effect from Dec. 31. Antonio Moncupa Jr., who is vice chairman and CEO, will assume title of president, effective Jan. 1, 2020, in light of the resignation.
* Bank of America Corp. named Dan Janes co-CEO of investment banking in Australia, The Australian Financial Review reported, citing an internal memo from the company.
* Centrepoint Alliance Ltd. appointed Alexander Beard an independent nonexecutive director, effective Jan. 1, 2020.
* Usha Sangwan resigned as a director of Axis Bank Ltd. upon the completion of two terms in the role.