S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the Europe, Middle East and Africa real estate industry. The moves are listed by sector and by announcement date in reverse chronological order. The Asia-Pacific and North America Hires and Fires columns are published Tuesday and Thursday.
* McCarthy & Stone PLC designated Nigel Turner and Mike Lloyd COOs and members of the board, effective Jan. 1, 2019. Turner will look after the retirement community developer and manager's building operations, while Lloyd will oversee the group's customer-facing services, as well as its management services operations, sales, marketing and resales.
* Landsec nonexecutive director Simon Palley will retire from the company's board March 31, 2019, in accordance with the tenure provisions of the U.K. Corporate Governance Code.
Madeleine Cosgrave will join as an independent nonexecutive director and member of the audit committee Jan. 1, 2019.
Palley's service on the board dates back to August 2010. The outgoing director will also cease to be remuneration committee chairman — a post that will be filled by Edward Bonham Carter — and member of the nomination committee.
* Circle Property PLC welcomed Damian Jepson as a nonexecutive director Dec. 11, filling the role vacated by Timothy Warren.
* Standard Life Investments Property Income Trust Ltd. installed Aberdeen Standard Fund Managers Ltd. as its alternative investment fund manager Dec. 10.
* Hans Sahlin, head of business development for logistics offers at Castellum AB, will initially be in charge of leading the real estate operator and manager's new logistics unit. Aside from the logistics unit, Castellum is adding two other units to its executive management, pursuant to which Anders Nilsson stepped down as managing director of the Stockholm-North region Dec. 10.
The respective leaders for the office premises unit and the investments and portfolio strategy unit will be announced at the start of 2019, with the three heads becoming part of Castellum's executive management group.
* Radisson Hospitality AB resolved to dismiss Xin Di, Liu Daoqi and Song Xiang as members of the board, after Jin Jiang International (Holdings) Co. Ltd. purchased a majority interest in the hospitality company.
Radisson brought in Ma Mingju as chairman of the board and Jin Chen and Zhu Qian as members until the next annual general meeting.