S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the European real estate industry. The moves are listed by sector and by announcement date in reverse chronological order. The Asia-Pacific and North America Hires and Fires columns are published Tuesday and Thursday.
* Atlas Estates Ltd.'s manager, Atlas Management Co. Ltd., placed CFO Ziv Zviel at the helm as CEO permanently. Zviel was deputized to the role in February, after CEO Reuven Havar stepped down.
* Purplebricks Group PLC will add Andreas Wiele, executive board member at Axel Springer and Classifieds Media President, to its board as a nonexecutive director. The European publishing company Axel agreed to purchase an 11.5% interest in the U.K.-based real estate agency Purplebricks.
Effective on or before April 25, Adrian Blair and Simon Downing will also join the board as independent nonexecutive directors, additionally chairing the nomination committee and remuneration committee, respectively. Former Just Eat Group CFO Mike Wroe will be designated senior independent nonexecutive director and audit committee chair, while nonexecutive directors Nick Discombe and Will Whitehorn will retire from the board on or before June 30.
* Residential property trading company Mountview Estates PLC will install Anthony Wiseman Powell to its board as a nonexecutive director April 1. Powell will assume chairmanship of the company's audit and risk committee, as well as become a member of the remuneration and nomination committees.
* Suzanne Avery took on the independent nonexecutive director position and membership of the audit committee at LondonMetric Property PLC.
* Helical PLC said Group Financial Controller James Moss and Senior Investment Executive Tom Anderson took a seat at its executive committee.
* Assura PLC will bid farewell to Simon Laffin, nonexecutive chairman and company director for seven years, at the end of the July 10 annual general meeting, appointing Ed Smith nonexecutive chairman in his place. Laffin, who is positioned in the role since 2011, expressed his intention to step down in 2017, the company said.
* Mobimo Holding AG said CEO Christoph Caviezel, slated to hand over the company's operational management in spring 2019 after more than 10 years in the role, should be recommended for election to the board.
Mobimo also disclosed that Chairman Georges Theiler and fellow board member Wilhelm Hansen will not pursue re-election and depart in 2019. Peter Schaub will be proposed as Theiler's successor to the chairman role.
* BUWOG AG Deputy CEO and CFO Andreas Segal relinquished his positions March 26 — a move that was scheduled for the second quarter — after majority shareholders accepted the takeover offer from Germany's Vonovia SE. CEO Daniel Riedl will take on Segal's duties in the interim.
Riedl is expected to take a seat at Vonovia's management board, in addition to which Vitus Eckert, chairman of Buwog's supervisory board, is slated to be a candidate for Vonovia's supervisory board.
* Tecnisa SA revealed that Pátria Investimentos Ltda, owner of a 4.02% interest in the company, nominated Eduardo Luiz Wurzmann for the post of sitting member of the board of directors. He will stand for election at the annual shareholders' meeting.
* Chairman of Orbis SA's supervisory board, Jan Ozinga, will give up membership of the board, effective April 6.
* Catena AB's current board members Catharina Elmsäter-Svärd and Erik Paulsson will not stand for re-election and will vacate their seats. Tomas Andersson and Ingela Bendrot's appointment to the board will be voted on at the annual general meeting April 26.