trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/mv9dujEvxrCWy4ljhG87Bw2 content esgSubNav
In This List

Komercní banka to acquire PSA Finance Czech, Slovakian units

Blog

Insight Weekly: US banks' loan growth; record share buybacks; utility M&A outlook

Blog

Banking Essentials Newsletter 2021: December Edition

Blog

Automating Credit Risk Surveillance Using Statistical Models

Blog

Post-webinar Q&A: Speed and Scalability – Automation in Credit Risk Modeling


Komercní banka to acquire PSA Finance Czech, Slovakian units

said April12 that unit ESSOX s.r.o. signed the same day agreements to acquire 100%ownership stakes in PSA FinanceCeska Republika S.r.o. and PSA Finance Slovakia S.r.o. from members of .

Thetransactions are subject to approval by the Czech Republic's Office forProtection of Competition, Slovakia's Antimonopoly Office and the .

Followingthe contemplated acquisition, ESSOX will provide the future importer anddealers of PSA brands Peugeot, Citroën and DS with the full range of financialproducts and services including consumer financing, financial and operativeleasing and insurance.

The transaction will have a slight negative impact, lessthan 20 basis points, on the core Tier 1 capital ratio of Komercní banka.

As of Dec. 31, 2015, the loans portfolio of PSA Finance Ceska Republika was2.8 billion Czech koruny and the volume of financing outstanding at PSA Finance Slovakia was€64.3 million.

Komercní banka holds a 50.93% stake in ESSOX, while SGConsumer Finance holds the remaining 49.07%. Komercní banka and SG Consumer Finance areSociété Générale SAunits.

As of April 11, US$1was equivalent to 23.62 Czech koruny.