trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/Mnj1OsVu6rvuA1ffW_KyVw2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

Rio Tinto, China Baowu to discuss extending Bao-Hi iron ore joint venture

Essential Metals & Mining Insights - August 2020

State of the Market: Mining Q2-2020

Report Outlooks of Lithium and Cobalt

Essential Metals & Mining Insights July 2020


Rio Tinto, China Baowu to discuss extending Bao-Hi iron ore joint venture

Rio Tinto and China Baowu Steel Group Corp. Ltd. signed an agreement to enter discussions to extend the Bao-HI iron ore joint venture in Pilbara, Western Australia.

The joint venture pertains to the Eastern Ranges mine and Western Range project. Rio Tinto started a pre-feasibility study on Western Range that it expects to complete by the end of 2019.

Rio Tinto owns 54% of the joint venture, and China Baowu holds the remaining 46%.

The project has sold more than 180 million tonnes since its 2002 inception.