S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a daily roundup of management and board changes in the bank and thrift industry. This feature excludes C-level leadership changes and stories previously covered by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
* Bank of Tampa named David Ramirez senior vice president and commercial relationship manager.
His experience includes serving as vice president, relationship manager and mortgage loan originator at USAmeriBank.
Florida-based Bank of Tampa is a unit of Tampa Bay Banking Co.
* Steve Kohner retired as a Merchants Bank NA director at the end of 2017, Merchants Financial Group Inc. President and CEO Gregory Evans said in the company's 2017 annual report.
Evans added that Richard Pope will step down from the Merchants Financial Group and Merchants Bank boards in conjunction with the annual shareholders meeting in April.
Kohner serves as president of Modern Ready Mix. Pope is the chairman of WinCraft Inc.
* Warren, Pa.-based Northwest Bancshares Inc. appointed William Harvey Jr. principal accounting officer.
He is the senior executive vice president of finance and CFO and has been employed with the company since 1996.
* Stephen Dennis joined the board of Olympia, Wash.-based Heritage Financial Corp.
Dennis is a retired president and CEO of Weyerhaeuser Real Estate Co. subsidiary Quadrant Homes. He was a founding director of Puget Sound Bank, the wholly owned subsidiary of Puget Sound Bancorp Inc., serving from 2005 until its acquisition by Heritage in January.
* Kimberley Minkel and Christina Orsi have been nominated to serve on the board of Hamburg, N.Y.-based Evans Bancorp Inc.
Minkel is president and executive director of the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority. Orsi is associate vice president of the Office of Economic Development for the University at Buffalo.
* Gregory Allen accepted a new position with First Defiance Financial Corp. subsidiary First Federal Bank of the Midwest.
He will serve as the Defiance, Ohio-based bank's market area executive for Fort Wayne, Ind., instead of the bank's executive vice president and community banking president.