trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/mhc-clp-es53ajddx7cqig2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

Baodi International ups stake in Hong Kong's Techcomp

COVID-19 Pandemic Likely To Cause US Telemedicine Boom

Gauging Supply Chain Risk In Volatile Times

S&P Global Market Intelligence

Cannabis: Hashing Out a Budding Industry


IFRS 9 Impairment How It Impacts Your Corporation And How We Can Help

Baodi International ups stake in Hong Kong's Techcomp

Baodi International Investment Co. Ltd upped its ownership in Techcomp (Holdings) Ltd. after making a mandatory takeover offer for the shares of the Hong Kong-based manufacturer of scientific equipment.

The mandatory unconditional cash offer was conducted after Baodi purchased 169,541,148 ordinary shares, or 61.5% interest, Aug. 14 from Lo Yat Keung, CEO, president and ultimate controlling shareholder of the company.

Following deal completion, Lo resigned from his roles in the company. In addition, Chan Wai Shing resigned as an executive director and vice president, along with Christopher James O'Connor who resigned as an executive director.

Baodi received valid acceptances for 91,901,847 shares of Techcomp in an offer priced at HK$3.267 apiece. The investment firm also offered between HK$1.643 and HK$2.861 per share to cancel share options issued by the company in the past.

Baodi now owns 261,442,995 shares, representing 94.92% of Techcomp. The remaining 5.08% of Techcomp is owned by other public shareholders.

Baodi appointed Zhang Jincan to replace Lo as chairman, CEO and executive director of Techcomp. Jiang Wei, Zhao Na and He Junyu were also added to the company's board as executive directors.

Deloitte & Touche Corporate Finance Ltd. acted as financial adviser to Baodi in the mandatory acquisition of the remaining shares.