S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the Asia-Pacific real estate industry. The moves are listed by sector and by announcement date in reverse chronological order. The Europe and North America Hires and Fires columns will be published Wednesday and Thursday, respectively.
* Sino-Ocean Group Holding Ltd. said nonexecutive directors Fu Fei and Li Liling are joining the company's investment committee and audit committee, respectively, effective Sept. 11. Concurrently, independent nonexecutive director Suen Man Tak is stepping down as a member of the nomination committee.
* Mok Ming Wai resigned as joint company secretary and authorized representative of Sunac China Holdings Ltd., after which the company positioned Joint Company Secretary Gao Xi as sole company secretary, effective Sept. 7. Xi also became one of the authorized representatives of the company.
* Mingfa Group (International) Co. Ltd. disclosed the resignations of independent nonexecutive directors Qu Wenzhou and Dai Yiyi, naming Cosco Shipping Ports Ltd. Deputy Managing Director Wong Tin Yau Kelvin J.P. and Hong Kong Cyberport Management Co. Ltd. Chairman Lam Lee G as successors.
Qu also vacated the chairmanship at the board's audit committee and nomination committee Aug. 31, while Dai exited from the same position at the nomination committee Sept. 1.
Meanwhile, existing directors Chu Kin Wang Peleus, Lau Kin Hon and Wong Wun Ming took on the respective chairmanship roles at the audit committee, remuneration committee and nomination committee Sept. 1.
* Venugopal Parthasarathy, independent director of Vijay Shanthi Builders Ltd., resigned from the board due to personal reasons, according to his resignation letter dated Aug. 23.
* The deputy group CEO of UOL Group Ltd., Liam Wee Sin will become the company's group CEO, effective Jan. 2, 2019.
* Weidt Nuchjalearn relinquished his role as independent director and audit committee member at Raimon Land PCL Sept. 3.
* AP (Thailand) PLC CFO Chidapa Amralikit stepped down May 15, per a Sept. 5 release, and Kultipa Tinnakornsrisupap was appointed CFO, effective Sept. 1.
* King Wai Group (Thailand) PCL said in a a Sept. 5 release that it added Tai Wai Keung as executive president June 11.
* GPT Group will bring in former Vicinity Centres CEO Angus McNaughton as nonexecutive director, effective Nov. 1. Brendan Crotty will also exit the company's board in November after nine years.
* Global Oriental Bhd. Executive Director Ta Wee Dher left Sept. 4 to pursue personal interests.