S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent executive management, board and regulatory changes in the energy industry. The moves are listed by sector in reverse chronological order.
* American Water Works Co. Inc. announced executive changes, including naming Deborah Degillio as chief customer officer, which will be effective on March 25. Degillio is currently the senior vice president of American Water's eastern division and president of New Jersey American Water. Cheryl Norton, the current president of Missouri American Water, will succeed Degillio in those roles. Kevin Kirwan was named chief environmental officer for American Water.
Debbie Dewey has been appointed to take over Norton's current role as president of Missouri American Water. Matthew Prine, who joined Indiana American Water in 2014 as director of government affairs, will succeed Dewey as president of Indiana American Water Co. Inc. and Michigan American Water.
* Distributed wind company Northern Power Systems Corp. has started looking for two new directors after John Simon and Kevin Kopczynski provided notice of their resignations. The resignations are effective Feb. 23.
* Lithuanian independent power producer Lietuvos energijos gamyba AB on March 12 announced the nomination of Rimgaudas Kalvaitis to be the new CEO and a board member of the company. The company's supervisory board will decide within two weeks on Kalvaitis' appointment to the board, and the board will decide on his appointment to CEO over the same time period.
* Sempra Energy announced that it intends to appoint Cynthia Warner to the board of directors in June. Warner has more than 35 years of experience and has served in leadership roles at Andeavor, among other companies. She is the president, CEO and a board member of biofuels producer Renewable Energy Group Inc.
* NiSource Inc.'s board chairman, Richard Thompson, does not intend to seek re-election at the company's May 7 annual stockholders meeting. The company's board is set to elect a successor for the independent director after the meeting.
* Gary Spitznogle was appointed to serve as vice president, environmental services for American Electric Power Co. Inc. He will succeed the company's current senior vice president, environmental services John McManus, who is set to retire later this year.
* Dana O'Brien informed CenterPoint Energy Inc. of her intentions to resign as the company's senior vice president and general counsel, effective April 2.
Oil and gas utility/midstream
* Magnolia Colombia Ltd. on March 14 appointed Neil Said to serve on the company's board, effective immediately, replacing Fred Leigh, who resigned.
* Clarence Cazalot Jr., a director of Enbridge Inc., will not stand for re-election to the company's board at its annual shareholder meeting on May 8.
* Philip Ackerman stepped down from National Fuel Gas Co.'s board of directors, effective at the start of the company's 2019 annual shareholder meeting on March 7.
* Vantage Drilling International on March 6 expanded the company's board to eight members and elected Stephen Lehner to fill the vacancy from the expansion, effective immediately.
* David French will join Rosehill Resources Inc. as director, president and CEO by April 30. French will succeed Gary Hanna, who has served as the company's interim president and CEO since September 2018. Hanna will remain chairman of the company's board.