trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/mz-ve2q4canulazzfhwkcq2 content esgSubNav
In This List

Metrobank closes acquisition of ANZ stake in Metrobank Card

Blog

Top 100 Banks: Capital Ratios Show Resilience to the Pandemic

Blog

Banking Essentials Newsletter: October Edition

Blog

Banking Essentials Newsletter: September Edition, Part - 2

Video

S&P Capital IQ Pro | Unrivaled Sector Coverage


Metrobank closes acquisition of ANZ stake in Metrobank Card

Metropolitan Bank & Trust Co., or Metrobank, closed its acquisition of the remaining 20% stake in Metrobank Card Corp. held by Australia & New Zealand Banking Group Ltd., making the credit card firm its wholly owned subsidiary.

The Philippine lender purchased 200,000,000 shares in Metrobank Card from ANZ unit ANZ Funds Pty. Ltd. at 37 pesos apiece, or a total of 7.4 billion pesos, according to a Sept. 4 filing.

Prior to the deal completion, Metrobank held an 80% stake in Metrobank Card, while ANZ Funds owned the remaining 20%.

Metrobank obtained central bank approval for the takeover of the credit card firm in December 2017.

As of Sept. 4, US$1 was equivalent to 53.68 Philippine pesos.