S&P Global Market Intelligence offers our top picks of global private equity news stories and more published throughout the week.
* Brookfield Asset Management Inc. will be buying about 62% of Oaktree Capital Group LLC, wherein the former will pay $49.00 in cash or 1.0770 Brookfield shares apiece for all of Oaktree's class A units and 20% of its outstanding class B units.
* Brookfield Asset has also started talks with Genesee & Wyoming as the railroad owner and operator considers selling itself in part or in full.
* Brookfield Business Partners LP, the business services and industrials unit of the asset manager, agreed to sell global facilities management services company BGIS to CCMP Capital Advisors LP for approximately $1 billion.
* TPG Capital Management LP agreed to pay $930 million to buy a majority stake in Goodnight Midstream LLC, an oilfield water infrastructure provider, from Tailwater Capital LLC and other private investors.
* Tailwater also sold Petro Waste Environmental, an oilfield environmental and solid waste disposal services company, to WM Energy Services Holdings LLC, a subsidiary of Waste Management Inc., for an undisclosed sum.
Crystal Palace players celebrate after an opening goal during the English Premier League soccer match against Liverpool at Anfield in Liverpool, England.
Source: Associated Press
In the works
* Apollo Global Management LLC co-founder Josh Harris and Blackstone Group LP executive David Blitzer are planning to sell English Premier League team Crystal Palace, Bloomberg News reported, citing people close to the matter.
* Montagu Private Equity LLP is in exclusive negotiations with Eurazeo SE to sell ophthalmic surgery instruments and equipment maker Dutch Ophthalmic Research Center International BV.
* Oaktree Capital Management LP and its partner Navis Capital Partners are considering selling their Asia-based wellness unit Evolution Wellness Holdings Pte. Ltd. in a deal that could fetch as much as US$1 billion, The Wall Street Journal reported, citing people with knowledge of the matter.
* Baring Private Equity Asia edged out Everstone Capital Asia Pte. Ltd. in a race to acquire AGS Health Inc., a medical revenue cycle management company, for US$320 million, people familiar with the sale told The Times of India.
* CVC Capital Partners Ltd. submitted a £500 million bid for a 30% stake in the Six Nations Championship rugby tournament and the autumn internationals, The Times (U.K.) reported.
* Carlyle Group LP purchased a 40% stake in Jeanologia SL from MCH in a deal that values the Spanish denim equipment maker at €150 million, people with knowledge of the sale told the Financial Times.
* Keensight Capital and ISAI Expansion FCPR took a majority stake in IVIDATA Group, a big data and artificial intelligence services consulting company.
Wales team members celebrate with the trophy after defeating England to win Six Nations Championship in Cardiff's Millennium stadium in Wales.
Source: Associated Press
* Gilde Healthcare Partners BV acquired a majority interest in Dutch healthcare food supplier Eetgemak BV from Value8 NV.
Upping the ante
* Bain Capital Private Equity LP increased its offer to buy Kosaido Co. Ltd. for ¥700 per share from ¥610 per share, valuing the Japanese printing services company at about US$157 million, DealStreetAsia reported, citing a stock exchange filing.
* Bowmark Capital LLP boosted its bid to acquire Tax Systems PLC to £1.15 per share in cash from £1.10 per share, which values the U.K. corporation tax software company at about £102.3 million.
* 777 Partners purchased travel technology company Air Black Box Co. Ltd. for an undisclosed amount and invested in Canadian low-cost carrier Flair Airlines Ltd.
* Kinderhook Industries LLC added specialty vehicle manufacturers RR Manufacturing LLC and Rocky Ridge Transportation LLC to its portfolio.
* Summa Equity paid an undisclosed sum to acquire Sweden-headquartered life sciences company Olink Proteomics AB.
Flush with cash
* Arcline Investment Management LP collected $1.5 billion for its maiden fund, Arcline Capital Partners LP.
* EQT AB pulled in €9 billion of capital for its EQT Infrastructure IV fund.
* Rothschild & Co. SCA's Five Arrows Managers SAS raised €1.25 billion for Five Arrows Principal Investments III.
* Keensight secured €1.00 billion for Keensight V Fund.
Banking Texas, Okla. banks receive first severe enforcement actions of 2019
Energy Former DOT Secretary to oversee NiSource safety overhaul after Mass. blasts
ESG Norway fund's oil, gas divestment signals loss of confidence in sector
Fintech Digital banks take a page out of 'Mad Men'
Healthcare Pharming's magic rabbits drive Ruconest beyond rare disease, pique M&A interest
Insurance Odds of flood insurance reform looking up after bipartisan first step
Technology, media and telecommunications Analysis: Apple positioning to take charge of homegrown chips with 5G modem
Mining Fewer coal mines idled in back half of 2018; Appalachia takes biggest hit
Real estate REITs vs MLPs: Assessing the better high-yield play
Retail, consumer products, gaming and leisure Auto industry grapples with plug-in hybrid 'sincerity' problem