S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent executive changes at pharmaceutical, biotech and life sciences companies.
* AbbVie Inc. promoted Michael Severino as vice chairman and president. Severino was previously the North Chicago, Ill.-based company's executive vice president for research and development and chief scientific officer.
* IsoRay Inc. named Lori Woods as CEO. Woods has been serving as the company's interim CEO since June.
* Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. said Thomas Graney has resigned from his role as the company's CFO. Graney will remain as an employee of Vertex and help in the transition until February 2019.
* U.K.-based Summit Therapeutics plc said Erik Ostrowski is stepping down as the company's CFO by the end of December.
* Sweden's Medivir AB said Richard Bethell is leaving his post as the company's chief scientific officer.
* NeoGenomics Inc. has named Lawrence Weiss the company's chief scientific officer.
* Ziopharm Oncology Inc. said it promoted David Mauney to the president role. Mauney joined the company in 2017 as executive vice president and chief business officer.
* Bellicum Pharmaceuticals Inc. said it appointed Atabak Mokari as CFO.
* Sosei Group Corp. said Peter Bains is resigning from his roles as president, CEO and board member of the company, effective Dec. 31. Bains will be replaced by Shinichi Tamura, executive chairman, founder and former CEO of Sosei, effective Jan. 1, 2019.
* Adaptimmune Therapeutics plc said Gwen Binder is stepping down as the company's chief technology officer by the end of January 2019.
* Tvardi Therapeutics Inc. has appointed Imran Alibhai CEO and board member.
* Synthetic Biologics Inc. named Steven Shallcross CEO and director. Shallcross, who previously served as the company's interim CEO, will also continue his role as Synthetic Biologics' CFO.