S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a daily summary of ratings actions on European, Middle Eastern and African financial institutions and economies.
* Fitch Ratings kept the AA long-term issuer default ratings of the U.K. on Rating Watch Negative, citing continued Brexit uncertainty despite the country striking a revised withdrawal agreement with the European Union. Fitch said the deal diminishes the risk of a no-deal scenario but does not completely eliminate it since the deal has not been ratified. In a related announcement, Fitch also maintained the Bank of England's AA long-term foreign-currency issuer default rating on Rating Watch Negative.
* Fitch affirmed San Marino's long- and short-term issuer default ratings at BBB-/F3, and its country ceiling at BBB+. The outlook on the long-term rating issuer default rating is negative.
* Fitch affirmed and simultaneously withdrew the B+/B long-and short-term foreign- and local-currency issuer default ratings of Turkey-based AK Yatirim Menkul Degerler AŞ. Also affirmed and withdrawn were the company's national long-term rating of A+(tur) and its support rating of 4. At the time of withdrawal, the outlook on the long-term issuer default ratings was negative, while the outlook on the national long-term rating was stable. Fitch withdrew the ratings for commercial reasons.
* Moody's placed Türkiye Halk Bankası AŞ' B3 long-term bank deposit and senior unsecured debt ratings on review for downgrade, and changed the outlook on the ratings to rating under review from negative. Also placed on review for downgrade were the bank's "caa2" baseline and adjusted baseline credit assessments, B2(cr) long-term counterparty risk assessment, and B2 long-term counterparty risk ratings. The agency also affirmed the bank's Not Prime short-term counterparty risk and deposit ratings, as well as its Not Prime(cr) short-term counterparty risk assessment.
* ACRA downgraded Russia-based JSCB Interprombank's credit rating to CC(RU), with a negative outlook. The downgrade reflects the deterioration of the bank's liquidity position due to declining highly liquid assets, the agency said. The negative outlook reflects the possibility that the bank's asset quality could worsen and that Interprombank's capital adequacy levels may diminish in the future.
* ACRA affirmed Russian company JSCB Novikombank's credit rating at A(RU), with a stable outlook.
* S&P Global Ratings affirmed Oman's BB/B long- and short-term sovereign credit ratings, with a negative outlook on the long-term rating. The agency also affirmed the country's BB+ transfer and convertibility assessment, BB senior unsecured debt rating and B short-term debt rating.
* Capital Intelligence Ratings affirmed Iran's long- and short-term foreign- and local-currency ratings at B/B. The outlook on the ratings remains stable.
Links are current as of publication time, and we are not responsible if those links are unavailable later.
This S&P Global Market Intelligence news article may contain information about credit ratings issued by S&P Global Ratings. Descriptions in this news article were not prepared by S&P Global Ratings.