* Charter Hall Group completed its A$804 million deal with Brookfield Properties Ltd. for the acquisition of half-stakes in each of the two office buildings at 10 Shelley St. and 12 Shelley St. in Sydney, The Australian Financial Review reported. The agreement for the transaction that reflects an estimated yield of about 4.5% was brokered by Cushman & Wakefield and JLL.
* Google is in advanced negotiations with Frasers Commercial Trust to lease 400,000 square feet at Alexandra Technopark in Singapore, The (Singapore) Business Times reported. The space at the center of the discussions for the tech giant's potential expansion in the city-state was formerly occupied by information technology company Hewlett-Packard Singapore (Pte.) Ltd.
Hong Kong and China
* Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Inc. bought back the exclusive franchising rights in China for the Days Inn brand, which holds a portfolio of more than 70 economy, midscale and upscale hotels that offer over 12,500 rooms in the country.
* Hilton Hotels & Resorts opened the Hilton Guangzhou Science City full-service hotel in Guangzhou, China. Managed by Hilton and owned by the Guangzhou Tianma Group, the recently unveiled eight-story property offers 430 rooms, including 49 suites and apartments, and 2,500 square meters of meeting and events space, according to a news release.
* ZH International Holdings Ltd. placed the winning bid of 216.7 million yuan for a 93,643.23-square-meter commercial site in Zhengzhou City, China. The Hong Kong-listed developer paid a nearly 108.4 million-yuan security deposit for the impending purchase.
* Shenzhen Investment Ltd.'s unaudited contracted sales surged 931.4% on an annual basis in December 2018 to about 7.43 billion yuan, representing contracted sales area of approximately 148,648 square meters.
* Hong Kong's Lands Department is selling the approximately 10,956-square-meter New Kowloon Inland Lot No. 6551 nonindustrial site in the Kowloon area. The tender for the land parcel will close at noon local time on Jan. 18.
* Average prices of new homes in 70 major cities in China increased 0.8% in December 2018, according to Reuters' calculation of data obtained from the National Bureau of Statistics. The growth marks the 44th straight month of price hikes, according to the news agency, although slower than the 0.9% month-on-month uptick recorded in November 2018.
* Diversified real estate investment trust GPT Group is mulling the sale of its 50% shareholding in the MLC Centre mixed-use property in Sydney. Macquarie Research analysts were cited by the AFR as predicting that the stake in the property co-owned by Dexus could potentially sell for A$804 million.
* Investa Commercial Property Fund secured a A$170 million green loan facility from Australia & New Zealand Banking Group Ltd., the AFR reported. The credit line certified by the London-based Climate Bonds Initiative is the first green loan provided to an Australian landlord, according to the publication.
* Kenedix Retail REIT Corp. resolved to buy the Zama Distribution Center and the Oppama Distribution Center properties in the Kanagawa prefecture from an undisclosed seller for a combined consideration of ¥2.70 billion.
* Mitsui Fudosan Co. Ltd. and Mitsui Fudosan Hotel Management Co. Ltd. on Aug. 29 will open the Mitsui Garden Hotel Kyoto Ekimae in Kyoto City, Kyoto Prefecture. The 136-room hotel has 10 levels above ground and one underground, Jutaku-Shimpo reported.
* The Sultan Plaza leasehold commercial development site on Jalan Sultan off Beach Road was taken to the market with a reserve price of S$380 million, The Business Times reported. The property collectively offered with the help of ERA Realty Network occupies a land area of 52,471 square feet.
The Daily Dose Asia-Pacific, Real Estate edition is updated by 6:30 a.m. Hong Kong time. Some external links may require a subscription. Links are current as of publication time, and we are not responsible if those links are unavailable later.
Rollen Catorce and John Chan contributed to this report.