S&P Global Market Intelligence presents an overview of board changes at European financial institutions. The changes are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* U.K.-based Arden Partners PLC said the FCA approved the appointment of Steve Douglas as group finance director, effective immediately. The appointment was announced in November 2018.
* Banca Carige SpA said Gianluca Brancadoro was appointed chair of the surveillance committee that the European Central Bank established as part of the Italian lender's temporary administration.
Dec. 31, 2018
* Getin Holding SA said Dec. 31 that Wojciech Kostrzewa will resign as a member of the company's supervisory board.
Dec. 28, 2018
* London Stock Exchange Group PLC appoints Kathleen DeRose as an independent nonexecutive director, effective immediately.
Dec. 24, 2018
* Standard Life Aberdeen PLC said Simon Troughton, deputy chairman, will take on additional responsibilities of senior independent director, effective Jan. 1. Senior independent Director Kevin Parry will step down from the board of the company on Dec. 31, 2018.
Dec. 21, 2018
* Mark Badros was appointed an independent nonexecutive director at Starvest plc, effective immediately.
Dec. 20, 2018
* Guy Bainbridge was named nonexecutive director of Yorkshire Building Society. Bainbridge will also become a member of the audit committee.
Dec. 19, 2018
* Nationwide Building Society appointed Albert Hitchcock an independent nonexecutive director. Hitchcock joins from Pearson PLC, where he serves as COO and chief technology officer. The company also confirmed that Mitchel Lenson, who has been a nonexecutive director of the board since 2011, will retire at its July annual general meeting.
* Nicholas Walker resigns as nonexecutive director of B.P. Marsh & Partners PLC and will also step down from the board, effective immediately.
* Metro Bank PLC appointed Paul Thandi as an independent nonexecutive director, joining Jan. 1. Thandi is the CEO of NEC group in Birmingham. The lender said this appointment will bring the number of directors on the board to thirteen.
Dec. 18, 2018
* Leeds Building Society appointed Annette Barnes a nonexecutive director. Barnes joins with over 30 years' experience working in financial services.
* Italian asset manager Azimut Holding SpA co-opted Gabriele Blei onto the board as a director following CEO Sergio Albarelli's resignation.
Dec. 17, 2018
* U.K.-based financial services group Saga PLC appointed Eva Eisenschimmel as nonexecutive director, effective Jan. 1. Eisenschimmel is currently chief of staff and a member of the executive committee at Lowell.
* U.K.-based Chesnara PLC appointed Mark Hesketh an independent nonexecutive director, effective Dec. 17, 2018.
* Mazars Group named Hervé Hélias global chairman of the board, succeeding Philippe Castagnac. Hélias was appointed group CEO in 2016.