SNL presents a daily roundup of management and board changes in the bank and thrift industry. This feature excludes C-level leadership changes and stories previously covered by SNL.
* Winston-Salem, N.C. BB&T Corp. named Jim Daly president of its West Florida region, effective March 26. Daly, who previously was a community banking group executive, has over 30 years of banking experience. He replaces Ken Coppedge, who retired March 17.
* Peter Carlin was elected to the board of Short Hills, N.J.-based Investors Bancorp Inc., the parent of Investors Bank, effective March 27. Carlin has been a managing director at Blue Harbour Group since 2014.
* Wilmington, Del.-based WSFS Financial Corp. named David Mills senior vice president and relationship manager in the middle market division of its primary subsidiary, WSFS Bank. Mills, who has 33 years of commercial banking experience, most recently worked at Buffalo, N.Y.-based M&T Bank Corp.
* John Smith and Charles Thayer are retiring from the board of Greensburg, Ind.-based MainSource Financial Group Inc., the parent of MainSource Bank.
Smith joined the board in May 2016 after the company completed its acquisition of Cheviot, Ohio-based Cheviot Financial Corp., where he was a director. Thayer, who was a board member since 2011, is the chairman and managing director of Chartwell Capital Ltd., according to a regulatory filing.
* Lakeland Bank, a unit of Lakeland Bancorp Inc., promoted Saily Avelenda to senior vice president and assistant general counsel and Lisa Mills to senior vice president and compliance officer.
Avelenda, who joined the Oak Ridge, N.J.-based bank in 2010, most recently was senior vice president and associate counsel. Meanwhile, Mills joined in 2012 as vice president and compliance officer.