trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/kklknZu1VPGfGN4gO-p8mA2 content esgSubNav
In This List

Invenergy secures project financing for Texas wind, Ga. solar facilities

Blog

Activity Volumes Across the Equity Capital Markets Dropped Significantly in 2022

Blog

Insight Weekly: PE firms shift strategies; bank earnings kick off; bankruptcies plummet

Case Study

A Large Energy Company Manages its Exposure with Robust Tools to Assess Creditworthiness and Set Credit Limits

Blog

Insight Weekly: Stocks limp into 2023; GCC banks set for rebound; deep-sea mining faces pushback


Invenergy secures project financing for Texas wind, Ga. solar facilities

Invenergy LLC closed the project construction financing for two of the largest renewable energy assets in its portfolio.

The company said it closed the financing of the 160-MW Southern Oak solar farm in Mitchell County, Ga., and 302.4-MW Santa Rita East wind farm in Irion County, Texas, on Dec. 19, 2018.

The projects are slated for commercial operations later in 2019, according to two separate news releases.

Upon completion of the wind farms, Invenergy will sell a 75% majority stake in the power plant to American Electric Power Co. Inc. subsidiary AEP Renewables and retain the remaining 25% interest while continuing to provide operations, asset management and energy management services as part of a 20-year agreement. The facility's output will be sold to several buyers: 100 MW to Mexico-headquartered baked goods maker Grupo Bimbo SAB de CV 100 MW to pharmaceutical company Novartis AG and 60 MW to pharmaceutical company Merck & Co. Inc. under three separate virtual power purchase agreements entered in 2018.

The entire output of the solar facility, which S&P Global Market Intelligence refers to as the Camilla Solar Energy facility, is secured under a power purchase agreement with Southern Co. utility Georgia Power Co. through 2049.

CoBank ACB acted as sole lender, issuing bank, collateral agent and administrative agent on the solar deal. Santander Consumer USA Holdings Inc. and Rabobank NA acted as co-lead arrangers and issuing banks. Santander served as administrative agent for the wind farm.