trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/kGhiBH0n8DVWc5bPO9z3Pg2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

Commercial Bank of Africa shareholders approve merger with fellow Kenyan lender

Street Talk - Ep. 64: Coronavirus jumpstarts digital adoption

Street Talk Podcast

Street Talk - Ep. 63: Deal talks continue amid bank M&A freeze, setting up for strong Q4

Street Talk Podcast

Street Talk - Ep. 62: 'Brutal' outlook for oil demand offers banks in oil patch no relief

Amid Q1 APAC Fintech Funding Slump, Payment Companies Drove Investments


Commercial Bank of Africa shareholders approve merger with fellow Kenyan lender

Kenya-based Commercial Bank of Africa Ltd. said March 15 that its shareholders accepted the share swap terms of a merger with fellow Kenyan bank NIC Group Plc, Reuters reported.

Following completion of the deal, Commercial Bank's shareholders will own 53% of the new combined entity while NIC Group's shareholders will control the remaining 47%, the report noted.

"As a result of the share exchange transaction, it is proposed that NIC Group will acquire sole control of CBA and its subsidiaries," the bank said according to the report, citing a statement published in Kenyan newspapers.