S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a daily roundup of management and board changes in the bank and thrift industry. This feature excludes C-level leadership changes and stories previously covered by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
* The board of Peoples Financial Corp., the parent of Peoples Bank Biloxi Mississippi, appointed Ron Barnes and Paige Riley to the board of the Biloxi, Miss.-based bank.
Barnes was named president and CEO at Coast Electric Power Association in April. Riley owns Hillyer House gallery.
* Seacoast Commerce Bank named Don Mercer executive vice president and Small Business Administration national sales manager.
He has more than 28 years of banking experience, the last decade as SBA national sales manager for San Francisco-based Bank of the West, whose ultimate parent is Paris-based BNP Paribas SA.
San Diego-based Seacoast Commerce Bank is a subsidiary of Seacoast Commerce Banc Holdings.
* Effective as of Dec. 8, Pamela Massad and David Brunelle were appointed independent directors of Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc. in connection with the Pittsfield, Mass.-based company's acquisition of Commerce Bancshares Corp.
On the same day, Massad and Brunelle were also appointed to the board of Berkshire Hills Bancorp unit Berkshire Bank.
Massad and Brunelle were directors at Commerce. Massad is of counsel with Fletcher Tilton PC in Worcester, Mass., while Brunelle is co-founder and managing director of North Pointe Wealth Management in Worcester.
* D.L. Evans Bank promoted Dan Hammon to senior vice president and regional credit officer for eastern Idaho, the Idaho Business Review reported.
The Burley, Idaho-based bank is a unit of D.L. Evans Bancorp.
* OneWest Bank, CIT Group Inc.'s Southern California branch bank, named Heather Ellison senior vice president and head of the retail branch banking channel.
She succeeds Terri Decker, who intends to retire in March 2018.
Ellison was most recently the Southwest regional director for consumer banking and wealth management at JPMorgan Chase & Co.
* Worthington, Ohio-based Central Federal Corp. and unit CFBank NA disclosed the appointment of Steve Nitzsche as senior vice president and equipment finance manager.
Nitzsche has more than 35 years of experience in the equipment finance industry.