trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/k_bpn2w2v5ciq9veqc66kg2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

Mahindra unit forms farming solutions JV with Sumitomo

Gauging Supply Chain Risk In Volatile Times

S&P Global Market Intelligence

Cannabis: Hashing Out a Budding Industry

Segment

IFRS 9 Impairment How It Impacts Your Corporation And How We Can Help

The Market Intelligence Platform


Mahindra unit forms farming solutions JV with Sumitomo

Mahindra Agri Solutions Ltd., a subsidiary of Indian carmaker Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., and Japanese trading company Sumitomo Corp. have formed a joint venture that will offer pest management solutions for farmers, according to an Oct. 12 announcement.

Mahindra Agri will hold 60% of the new company, called Mahindra Summit Agriscience Ltd., with Sumitomo taking the remaining 40%.

The new company is expected to reduce crop damage. It will offer products for pest and insect management for Indian farmers as the country loses nearly 40% of its total production value to pest attacks and diseases, according to the release.

The JV will take advantage of Mahindra Agri's rural presence, domestic distribution and agriculture expertise, as well as Sumitomo's technologies and partnerships with large Japanese crop protection innovator companies.

Mahindra Agri already offers crop care products including insecticides, fungicides, herbicides, biological products and water-soluble fertilizers. Meanwhile, Sumitomo has started investing in crop care distribution channels.