S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of select executive management and other personnel moves at Asian financial institutions. The news items are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* SCB-Julius Baer Securities Co. Ltd., a joint venture between Siam Commercial Bank PCL and Julius Bär Gruppe AG, appointed Lalitphat Toranavikrai its new CEO.
* Bank of Punjab appointed Atif Bajwa president, Pakistan Today reported, without citing sources.
* National Development Bank PLC named Sujeewa Mudalige an independent nonexecutive director, effective Jan. 6.
* Credit Suisse Group AG appointed Michelle Lim head of China prime sales and business development and Henry Lam director of its prime sales team in the country, Reuters reported, citing a statement from the Swiss group.
* Natixis named Miranda Zhao head of M&A, Asia-Pacific, corporate and investment banking and appointed Bianca Law head of sponsor finance for Asia.
* AEC Securities PCL appointed Suntawatt Sinacharoen CEO, replacing Waiwit Udaychalerm, who stepped down from the role.
* P.R. Seshadri resigned as Karur Vysya Bank Ltd.'s managing director and CEO due to personal reasons, with effect from March 31.
* Standard Bank Ltd. appointed Md. Zahedul Hoque vice chairman.
* Rukhsana Shah stepped down as a director on Jahangir Siddiqui & Co. Ltd.'s board, effective Jan. 3.
* China Construction Bank (Asia) Corp. Ltd. appointed Zhang Gengsheng chairman and nonexecutive director, effective Dec. 31, 2019. Zhang replaced Jiang Xianzhou in the role.
* Ismail Adam retired as an independent nonexecutive director of BIMB Holdings Bhd.
* Vanguard Group Inc. is searching for a new executive to head its Asian operations following the resignation of Charles Lin from the role, The Wall Street Journal reported, citing a spokeswoman at the Malvern, Pa.-based asset manager.
* Orapong Thien-ngern resigned as Siam Commercial Bank's president, effective Jan. 1.
* Sri Lanka's minister of finance, economy and policy development appointed Kanchana Ratwatte chairman and nonexecutive director of Bank of Ceylon.
* Prasong Poontaneat stepped down as chairman and director of TMB Bank PCL, with effect from Jan. 1. In light of the resignation, the bank named Chumpol Rimsakorn acting chairman.
* Chen Ping resigned as Chengdu Rural Commercial Bank Co. Ltd. upon the expiry of his employment contract, Caixin reported, citing sources. Following Chen's departure, the China Banking and Insurance Regulatory Commission named Xie Shaobo interim chairman of the bank.
* Bank of Ayudhya PCL appointed Tongurai Limpiti an independent director, replacing the late Veraphan Teepsuwan.
* UOB-Kay Hian Holdings Ltd. named David Yeow an independent director.