trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/jum-qgblu6wjkyuumdwdxg2 content esgSubNav
In This List

Kentucky Power seeks to acquire up to 20 MW of solar

Blog

Insight Weekly: Recession risk persists; Banks pull back from crypto; 2022 laggard stocks rally

Blog

Highlighting the Top Regional Aftermarket Research Brokers by Sector Coverage

Blog

Insight Weekly: Inflation eases; bank M&A slows; top companies boost market share

Blog

Activity Volumes Across the Equity Capital Markets Dropped Significantly in 2022


Kentucky Power seeks to acquire up to 20 MW of solar

Kentucky Power Co. is looking to acquire up to 20 MW of solar generation through a request for proposals issued on Oct. 17.

The American Electric Power Co. Inc. subsidiary is seeking to buy developed solar farms situated in its service areas in eastern Kentucky and connected to either PJM Interconnection or its own distribution system. The qualifying solar projects should have a minimum of 5-MW capacity and be operational by Dec. 31, 2021, according to a news release.

Proposals can be submitted at kentuckypower.com/go/rfp by Feb. 1, 2019. The selected projects will be subject to approval by required regulatory authorities.

Kentucky Power currently produces nearly 81% of its power from coal and the remaining approximately 19% from natural gas, according to a news release, out of a total capacity of 2,240 MW. The solar projects selected through the request for proposals will be first ones to join its power fleet.