S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a periodic rundown of selected ratings actions on energy companies. The changes, confined to upgrades, downgrades and changes in outlook, are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Fitch Ratings upgraded the long-term issuer default and senior unsecured ratings of Exelon Corp. to BBB+ from BBB, with a stable outlook.
* The sensitivity of Russian government finances and that of the broader Russian economy to oil prices has diminished, but they still remain vulnerable to a sustained oil market weakness, according to a S&P Global Ratings report.
* Two days after Fitch Ratings hit Edison International and its utility subsidiary Southern California Edison Co. with a double-notch downgrade over wildfire-related liabilities, it placed three of the world's largest renewable energy projects that sell power exclusively to the utility on "rating watch negative" and downgraded one of them.
* Fitch Ratings placed the BBB- rating of Alta Wind 2010 pass-through trust certificates due 2035 on Rating Watch Negative, mainly driven by Fitch's recent downgrade of Southern California Edison's long-term issuer default rating to BBB-, on Negative Watch.
* Fitch Ratings downgraded the long-term issuer default ratings of Edison International and Southern California Edison by two notches to BBB- from BBB+, and placed them on Rating Watch Negative.
* Fitch Ratings downgraded San Diego Gas & Electric Co.'s long-term issuer default rating to BBB+ from A- and maintained its negative outlook.
* Moody's revised its outlook on Electric Transmission Texas LLC to negative from stable following its review of the company's updated financial plan.
* Petróleo Brasileiro SA - Petrobras announced that ratings agency Fitch Ratings raised its stand-alone credit profile, or SCP, to BB+ from BB-.
* S&P Global Ratings downgraded Texas-based McDermott International Inc. due to expected project losses after a drop in earnings in 2018.
* S&P Global Ratings lowered its ratings on Murray Energy Corp. on the back of the coal producer's looming debt maturities coupled with limited access to credit markets.
* Moody's downgraded the ratings of San Diego Gas & Electric, citing the Sempra Energy subsidiary's exposure to potential liabilities in connection with California wildfires.
* S&P Global Ratings lowered its issue-level rating to A/A-1 from A+/A-1 on PacifiCorp's $24.4 million of series 1995 environmental improvement revenue bonds due Nov. 1, 2025.
* Moody's downgraded the senior unsecured rating of Edison International to Baa3 from Baa1, and the senior unsecured rating of subsidiary Southern California Edison to Baa2 from A3, both with negative outlooks.
* Moody's changed the outlook on Enel Américas SA to stable from negative and affirmed its senior unsecured rating at Baa3, following the Chilean company's announcement that it would raise up to $3.5 billion in capital through a rights issue.
* S&P Global Ratings upgraded the issuer credit rating of Exelon Corp. to BBB+ from BBB, citing the successful execution of its utility-focused growth strategy.