This feature rounds up venture capital news and highlights larger deal coverage already published.
* Esports company Cloud9 secured $50 million in a series B financing round led by middle-market private equity firm Valor Management Corp., which operates as Valor Equity Partners, Forbes reported. Other participants in the round included TrueBridge Capital Partners LLC, Reimagined Ventures, and Glassdoor Inc. founder Robert Hohman. Cloud9 closed a $25.0 million series A funding round in October 2017.
* A series C funding round led by Kinnevik AB and including Yuri Milner and Tom Stafford raised $44 million for software-as-a-service travel booking company TravelPerk SL. Existing investors Felix Capital Partners LLP, Target Global, Spark Capital Partners LLC, Localglobe LLP, Sunstone Capital A/S and Amplo also contributed to the round. TravelPerk raised $21.0 million in series B financing in April.
* Numerify Inc., an artificial intelligence-powered analytics provider for information technology businesses, collected $27.5 million in a financing round led by DAG Ventures LLC, alongside existing investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Sequoia Capital and Tenaya Capital. Numerify drew $37.5 million in series C financing in October 2015.
* Fashion e-commerce company Thread Inc. corralled $22 million in series B funding from Balderton Capital, Beringea LLC, Forward Partners, and H&M's investment arm H&M CO:LAB. Retail investor Maurice Helfgott and former Lane Crawford Deputy President Sebastian Picardo also joined the round. Thread pulled in about $5.8 million in series B funding in June 2016.
* New investors Battery Ventures LP, SineWave Ventures, Intel Capital Corp., Sorenson Ventures and returning backer Initialized Capital Management LLC led a $13 million series A funding round for Paperspace, which offers a cloud-based artificial intelligence platform. Paperspace received $4.0 million in seed capital in October 2016.
* Hubb LLC, which provides a cloud-based event management platform, closed its $6.3 million series B round from an investor group led by Five Elms Capital Management LLC. The round included a follow-on investment from Oregon Venture Fund and Elevate Capital. Hubb collected $3.0 million in series A funding in August 2016.
* IBB and Hevella Capital led the €2 million seed funding round for talent acquisition startup JobUFO, TechCrunch reported.
GGV Capital raises $1.9B across 4 funds
Skyview Ventures wraps up seed investment in healthcare technology company