This feature presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the North American real estate industry, including U.S. real estate investment trusts and homebuilders.
* Multifamily REIT Preferred Apartment Communities Inc. named board member Joel Murphy its new CEO, effective Jan. 1, 2020, succeeding Daniel DuPree. Murphy will continue as board member and DuPree will remain executive chairman.
* American Homes 4 Rent named Bryan Smith COO, effective Oct. 14, succeeding Jack Corrigan, who will continue as a trustee and chief investment officer.
* Data center REIT Equinix Inc. appointed Michael Montoya chief information security officer.
* Prison REIT GEO Group Inc. appointed Jose Gordo director, expanding the board to eight members from seven.
* Finn Wentworth of Normandy Real Estate Management LLC is expected to join Columbia Property Trust Inc.'s board and Jeff Gronning is expected to become the office landlord's chief investment officer as part of a recent merger deal between the companies.
* Taubman Centers Inc. said Peter Sharp stepped down as president of Taubman Asia. The company promoted Paul Wright to president of Taubman Asia, effective Jan. 1, 2020, from executive vice president and global head of leasing.
* Global commercial real estate services and investment management firm Colliers International Group Inc. appointed Kevin Morgan president of Northwest region of the U.S.
* Property Capsule Inc. CEO Thomas Byrne will join the View The Space Inc. team as general manager of retail products and data following a recent merger agreement between the companies.