S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a daily roundup of management and board changes in the bank and thrift industry. This feature excludes C-level leadership changes and stories previously covered by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
* Ruth Bennett, John Kennedy, J. Benson Porter and Robert Stuart were elected to the board of Federal Home Loan Bank of Des Moines for terms commencing Jan. 1.
Benett serves on the business operations and technology and mission, member and housing committees, while Kennedy, who was appointed to the business operations and technology committee, also serves as vice chair of the risk committee. Porter serves on the risk committee and as vice chair of the audit committee, and Stuart serves on both the audit and risk committees.
* Shelagh Mahoney was appointed to the board of Lowell, Mass.-based Enterprise Bancorp Inc. and unit Enterprise Bank and Trust Co., effective Jan. 17. Mahoney is the CEO and owner of Eastern Salt Co. Inc., Eastern Minerals Inc. and Atlantic Salt Inc.
* Brian Aynesworth resigned as class III director of McKinney, Texas-based Independent Bank Group Inc., in connection with his rejoining Independent Bank as executive vice president and senior credit officer.
Jack Radke also resigned as class I director of the company. He now will join the board of Independent Bank. In addition, Daniel Brooks and Craig Holmes resigned as class II directors and were appointed to fill class I vacancies on the company's board.
All appointments are effective Jan. 18.
* Nicolas Zerbib notified Raleigh, N.C.-based Yadkin Financial Corp., the parent of Yadkin Bank, of his decision to resign from its board, effective Jan. 19.
Zerbib's resignation is not a result of any disagreement with the company's management or its board.
* Bruce Dean, president and CEO of Black Bear Diner, was appointed to the board of Red Bluff, Calif.-based Cornerstone Community Bancorp and unit Cornerstone Community Bank.
* San Francisco-based First Republic Bank made several hires from Merrill Lynch's Consilium Associates for its First Republic Private Wealth Management business.
The bank named Larry Rothenberg, Shaun Van Vliet, David Farber and Schuyler Perry as managing directors and portfolio managers. The bank also hired Timothy Deygoo from Consilium as senior vice president and portfolio manager.
* Pine Bluff, Ark.-based Relyance Bank NA, a unit of Jefferson Bancshares Inc., promoted Carol Cook to senior vice president. Cook has nearly 30 years of banking experience.
* Seattle-based HomeStreet Inc., the parent of HomeStreet Bank, named Ted Bojorquez senior vice president and Silicon Valley market president and Michael Conboy senior vice president and San Diego and Orange Counties market president.
Bojorquez has more than 25 years of experience in banking, consulting, operations, planning and analysis. Meanwhile, Conboy has over 35 years of commercial banking experience with both large banks and community banks.
* Fairfield County Bank, a subsidiary of Fairfield County Bank MHC, appointed Debra Verbeke executive vice president of human resources.
Verbeke joined the Ridgefield, Conn.-based bank in 2004, serving most recently as senior vice president of human resources.
* Abingdon, Va.-based Highlands Bankshares Inc. appointed Mike Hill head of its Tri-Cities market, which includes the greater Bristol area in Tennessee and Virginia and Kingsport and Johnson City in Tennessee.
Hill, who has nearly 25 years of banking experience, previously served as Tri-Cities market executive for First Citizens Bank.
Highlands Bankshares is the holding company for Highlands Union Bank.
* Florence, Ore.-based Oregon Pacific Banking Co., a unit of Oregon Pacific Bancorp, promoted Deena Gisholt to senior vice president. She previously served as Coos Bay branch manager and commercial relationship manager.